Here's a great album by the great French artist, Jacques Higelin.
A CD version was given to me as a present in 1994, by one of the partners of Ubisoft, Gerard Guillemot. This was when they published my game Street Racer on Nintendo SNES.
OMG, 25 years ago! :)

Hope you enjoy it too.

illicite_higelin.jpg

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Henry Purcell

King Arthur

Hervé Niquet/Le Concert Spirituel

Well, now that I'm listening once again to this interpretation, it's my favorite again haha!  I guess the message is that I wouldn't wish to be without any of my three favorite recordings of King Arthur:  this one, the Meunier/Vox Luminis, and the classic Pinnock/English Concert.  I'm not sure I could choose between them, honestly.  I guess if someone wanted only one recording, and wanted my recommendation, I'd ask about some other preferences to get an idea of which approach might appeal most to that person.  Or, I'd just suggest checking youtube, as all three of my favorite recordings can be sampled there for free haha!  I'll put playlist links for all three at the end in case anyone here is interested.  I very much love Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, which is justly famous and and has been treasured for centuries, but I think King Arthur deserves a lot of attention as well.  Happily, there are a lot of wonderful recordings to choose from nowadays.

741418831_HenryPurcellKingArthurNiqueta.jpg.178a19b4c58b77753ac8981fce604cb6.jpg

1256693572_HenryPurcellKingArthurNiquetb.jpg.6a2fd3d37fc44185c9b6e4f6cf6e9a5f.jpg

Hervé Niquet/Le Concert Spirituel:

Trevor Pinnock/The English Concert:

Lionel Meunier/Vox Luminis:

Here is the link again for a concert by Lionel Meunier/Vox Luminis, I think it's all the same singers as in their studio recording:

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子