37 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I wasn't aware we had a Minnesota Symphony, but I will give it a look!  Thanks.

Harald Sæverud's 8th symphony was commissioned by the state to mark its 100th anniversary and premiered by Doráti at Northrop Auditorium.  

BIS album features Truls Mørk with Ole Kristian Ruud conducting the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra.  Was somewhat shocked to see it a best seller.  

I posted in here a few years back, but it should be easy enough to find on a streaming or the eclassical site.

10 minutes ago, rando said:

Alright, I'm rebooting my thread on appropriate items to pair with music.  No crying allowed there was a tastefully artistic rendering of the female form involved if you post from work!    ;) @WAM ;)

@The Computer Audiophile Would you be so kind as to grant me admin priveledges in the below thread so I can keep it strictly on topic.

done.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, slartybartfast said:

I just discovered Lhasa de  Sela, forgive me for screaming from the roof tops, as your all probably familiar with her, i can’t recommend this highly enough to those who like excellent music combined with excellent sound, and those who haven’t. Is this her best recording?

Sadly, she died far too young. Only three albums, so it won't take you long to find your favourite.

I liked a few cuts. (Hey, but I also liked some of "Decoy"). I'd give it 2 or 2.5 stars. It's okay if you like this style of music. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

spacer.png

Oh my god this album is just terrible. My first one star review ever:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2019/09/07/rubberband-an-album-that-better-should-have-stayed-unpublished/

Thanks for reminding me it's already been issued. I've just spent 10 minutes checking out the content and I'm thinking about which Miles' album is IMO the worst one. The Guardian journalist wrote that this one is better than 'Doo Bop'. I'm not sure.. x-D 

Now listening to this and it seems to be a very nice, relaxed sounding album with very good, spacious improvisations from both co-leaders. MP3 streaming. I think soon to be replaced by 24bit file.

BTW ECM celebrates its 50th anniversary so I hope we can expect some more great recordings from the label later this year and at least one interesting concert ECM Records announces 50th anniversary concert

Roma