Just finished listening to this. I learned about Lavay a very long time ago in a Borders books when I just happened to listen to her CD. Bought it immediately and since then have not only seen her play many times but have come to know her in person and become friends. She is a wonderful person and great talent.

RoonShareImage-637017571486102600.png

No electron left behind.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:34 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Just finished listening to this. I learned about Lavay a very long time ago in a Borders books when I just happened to listen to her CD. Bought it immediately and since then have not only seen her play many times but have come to know her in person and become friends. She is a wonderful person and great talent.

RoonShareImage-637017571486102600.png

I also discovered this album in a Borders store when it came out, at one of their listening stations!  Great album, as is her second one, Everybody's Talkin' 'bout Miss Thing!  Looking online now, I see that somehow I missed a third album, released in 2009.  I'll have to check it out.

I'm glad to hear nice things about her as a person, I love it when artists whose work I admire are actually admirable as people as well as talents! :)

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Another incredible ambient comp from Light in the Attic Records. The best one yet imo. Incredible sound quality as well, and uniquely Japanese without being pigeonholed or dated. Title completes "...Age Music 1980-1990." 

RoonShareImage-636991684724473390.png

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

11 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

I also discovered this album in a Borders store when it came out, at one of their listening stations!  Great album, as is her second one, Everybody's Talkin' 'bout Miss Thing!  Looking online now, I see that somehow I missed a third album, released in 2009.  I'll have to check it out.

I'm glad to hear nice things about her as a person, I love it when artists whose work I admire are actually admirable as people as well as talents! :)

I agree that it is nice to learn a favorite artist is also a nice person, it lets me appreciate them more rather than ruining their music for me.

Ms Smith To You is the 3rd album and it is just as good!  I have not been able to find a download in anything higher than mp3 though, so if you do let me know. You'll just have to buy the CD.

No electron left behind.