Rate this topic

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

image.png

I love Max Richter, and I love the Four Seasons, but would I love Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons? 

Turns out, yes!

I heard Daniel Hope recording on DG and Hope again live with the same recomposed version (coupled with real Four Seasons)... Not for me...

I started listening to this Conifer (Possible NSFW photo link - certainly hard to look at but not exactly NSFW) despite overcoming some heavy visual resistance to what was about to be depicted.  Afterwards I picked up what I believe is the gold standard recording of the full Dardanus.  Which specifically held none of the threat Platée did.

71kh+cngYUL._SL1400_.jpg

26 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Fun band to listen to.

That is a fun band to listen to.  The lead vocal reminds me of Bob Dylan.

"Let's pick a tune and get out of this mess"  - Earl Scruggs

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... " - Duke Ellington

Some Japanese bird music today 16-44

1200x600bf.png

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:56 AM, austinpop said:

image.png

I love Max Richter, and I love the Four Seasons, but would I love Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons? 

Turns out, yes!

Listened to this on Qobuz due to your post. Quite nice. Will probably buy it. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS >SOtM Lan Isolator>Bricasti M5 Network Player >Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

In combination with Leffe abbey product or alone?

LOL. No, It's always been a favorite album (it is one of the few lp's I also bought on cd). But a nice pint is a good way to enhance the experience.

@WAM including gold rimmed Rochefort chalice was a nice touch.

If only the combined Kardashian family had a sliver of the talent on offer here.  One can only imagine the pain she's suffered.

Spain.thumb.jpg.5c49d179d5c17d92910b3a1fdfdb4377.jpg

2 hours ago, rando said:

@WAM including gold rimmed Rochefort chalice was a nice touch.

If only the combined Kardashian family had a sliver of the talent on offer here.  One can only imagine the pain she's suffered.

Spain.thumb.jpg.5c49d179d5c17d92910b3a1fdfdb4377.jpg

Don't you think that her name's similarity to K.Kardashian has some promotional value.? 9_9

Not as much of it as the name of this singer, that's for sure (BTW would you guys call your son James if your family name was Morrison..?) O.o

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

At least JM was afforded the luxury of avoiding an infamous contemporary. 

Try imagining the long reaching impact being named Justin Bieber would've had on your own professional career.  You'd be a laughingstock.  :P

16 minutes ago, rando said:

At least JM was afforded the luxury of avoiding an infamous contemporary. 

Try imagining the long reaching impact being named Justin Bieber would've had on your own professional career.  You'd be a laughingstock.  :P

Some don't have to imagine that.. 9_9 :

https://www.facebook.com/public?query=Justin Bieber&nomc=0

Some Biebers (parents) are really cruel, I agree.. To do something like that to one's own child.. x-D

―  William Shakespeare.

3 hours ago, rando said:

including gold rimmed Rochefort chalice was a nice touch.

Alas, that wa unintentional, our Leffe chalices did not survive. Thumbs up for Kim K, she's great.

Folder.jpg.dc2c6bb9af5b4399cf0c7ef0c34ab66e.jpg