On 8/7/2019 at 7:56 AM, austinpop said:

image.png

I love Max Richter, and I love the Four Seasons, but would I love Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons? 

Turns out, yes!

Listened to this on Qobuz due to your post. Quite nice. Will probably buy it. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

In combination with Leffe abbey product or alone?

LOL. No, It's always been a favorite album (it is one of the few lp's I also bought on cd). But a nice pint is a good way to enhance the experience.

2 hours ago, rando said:

@WAM including gold rimmed Rochefort chalice was a nice touch.

If only the combined Kardashian family had a sliver of the talent on offer here.  One can only imagine the pain she's suffered.

Spain.thumb.jpg.5c49d179d5c17d92910b3a1fdfdb4377.jpg

Don't you think that her name's similarity to K.Kardashian has some promotional value.? 9_9

Not as much of it as the name of this singer, that's for sure (BTW would you guys call your son James if your family name was Morrison..?) O.o

16 minutes ago, rando said:

At least JM was afforded the luxury of avoiding an infamous contemporary. 

Try imagining the long reaching impact being named Justin Bieber would've had on your own professional career.  You'd be a laughingstock.  :P

Some don't have to imagine that.. 9_9 :

https://www.facebook.com/public?query=Justin Bieber&nomc=0

Some Biebers (parents) are really cruel, I agree.. To do something like that to one's own child.. x-D

@AnotherSpin 

I apologize for my ignorance but I don't really know who Kim Kardashian is except from the fact that (if I'm not mistaken) she had something to do with Formula 1. She's not a driver though, is she.? x-D (ok, I gueess she's into fashion or cosmetics, but I don't really want to know).

I actually also don't know a single song by Justin Bieber (he's kind of one boy - boys band and he's not related to Heinrich Ignaz Franz Bieber in any way, right.? ;)) or Lady Gaga for that matter. Somehow I have always been able to stay away from cultural phenomena I wasn't interested in - probably due to the fact that there are already too many such phenomena I am interested in  :)