19 hours ago, ray-dude said:

I was wondering about this as well. Lateef would have been in his early 90s(!) when this was recorded (he died a year later at 93).

The blurb at HD Tracks (below) answered the question for me.  Looks like he joined the band for the final song (Poinciana).  I'm looking forward to giving this a listen once Tidal gets it.

Check out the video of "Poinciana" on YouTube.  No sign of Yusef on the stage.  Maybe is he off to the side.  I also do not hear a horn at all.

Image result for andrea motis 2019 LP

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

@coot these organ duos/trios have really grown on me since coming across the ages old Cellier pan flute and organ recording.  By no means are they every day listening material.  The coordination required makes them quite special 'recitals' in my mind that are worth owning.

Having seen the coordination and mastery of repertoire these twin sisters exhibit playing separate grand pianos.  It is also quite extraordinary.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

image.png

I love Max Richter, and I love the Four Seasons, but would I love Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons? 

Turns out, yes!

I heard Daniel Hope recording on DG and Hope again live with the same recomposed version (coupled with real Four Seasons)... Not for me...