I recently found this gem and must share it. https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/453-new-the-feen-brothers-one-mic-recording

Feenbrothers - One Mic Recording

It is amazingly well recorded and sounds phenomenal.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Not a fan of the Podger group. Sounds like they threw all their instruments in a pile and are clubing them with bats. Never made it all the way through - do they set the pile afire at the end?

(I'll prolly be sorry for posting this.)

Last night my wife brought this to my attention and we listened and relaxed after the Blues and Funk Fest adventures of earlier in the day. This girl is quite unique and charming. Her music is enchanting almost to listen to, and very beautiful.

Give her a listen.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 11.17.22 AM.png

No electron left behind.

27 minutes ago, coot said:

Not a fan of the Podger group. Sounds like they threw all their instruments in a pile and are clubing them with bats. Never made it all the way through - do they set the pile afire at the end?

(I'll prolly be sorry for posting this.)

I’m personally very open to different opinions.Have you tried Monica Hugget‘s version? It may be more to your taste. 

22 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

Schubert is a different league for me 😎

Julia Rinderle

Schubertiade on Piano [DSD]

Ms. Rinderle is technically very gifted but for me her performances miss some of the Schubertian pathos and the swings between joy and rapture that sets Schubert's piano music apart from the pack. Right now I am enjoying Steven Stroissnig performing the great Sonata D.960 and 2 of the Op. 142 impromptus in 24 bit:

Folder.jpg.03818e02ad64b4908fe95e922fbced7a.jpg

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

On the topic of Schubert Piano releases, the below is also quite worth a listen:

Folder.jpg.e4065b093baf254d855faec26d129f87.jpg

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

On 7/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, EuroChamp said:

I have 2 albums of her in my repository, but am not impressed at all.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, EuroChamp said:

The albums I bought from her (because she is young, Asian and attractive, and hopefully seriously good) are

• Rachmaninoff / Prokoviev (conductor Dudamel)
  • Ravel (DG 2015)

The playing on both of them did not touch me.

I have the first one and I think it's quite good and 'The Berlin Recital' which IMO is much better than 'quite' good. Probably will buy mentioned above 'Rachmaninov' too and will check out her Ravel.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, EuroChamp said:

Where are you from?

On 7/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, EuroChamp said:

Where do you come from then?

I live in the Netherlands. Do you work in some immigration department.? 

I'd agree with @Musicophile that she's not even and with @AnotherSpin that Rachmaninov is probably her forte and possibly one of her favorites - she was even ready to put on a 'Russian' style cap for the photo session for the album cover after all ;)

Which made me think about her shocking (?) dresses and ask myself a couple of questions - isn't it a little to easy to shock to a classical music audience (for me a musician can wear just about anything as long as he/she plays good, maybe because I grew up listening to rock and in the pop/rock world dresses like that stopped to shock anybody ages ago) and whether this trend (which I believe can be seen as creating classical musicians images in a way quite similar to creating pop/rock musicians images) will some day result in 'Sex, drugs and classical music' t-shirts for the fans of the genre, some virtuosos  destroying their instruments onstage and maybe even appearance of an equivalent of the famous '27 club' (the age at which many rock musicians died, not always in a natural way) - just imagine titles like: 'Another world famous conductor dies of a heart attack at the ill-fated age of (let's say) 65 while conducting the finale of the great Beethoven's 9th symphony'. 

I think I've gone too far (again), haven't I.? x-D

57 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I live in the Netherlands. Do you work in some immigration department.?

I was really curious and I wanted to understand, why you in the Netherlands get a different (better) cover from the DG marketing department that I - who is located in Austria. 🤔

Before the subject completely drops.  Sexing up classical music for widespread commercial success and the gosh darn kids taking an interest that opens up the complete catalog for them.  Let's check in on what Sony has conspired to release recently from modern classical composers.

SINGLE-COVER-Chloe-Flower-Get-What-U-Get.jpg

45 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

I was really curious and I wanted to understand, why you in the Netherlands get a different (better) cover from the DG marketing department that I - who is located in Austria. 🤔

Maybe they think the Dutch have a better taste.. 9_9

But seriously - I agree, I also think the one I posted is better.

41 minutes ago, rando said:

Before the subject completely drops.  Sexing up classical music for widespread commercial success and the gosh darn kids taking an interest that opens up the complete catalog for them.  Let's check in on what Sony has conspired to release recently from modern classical composers.

SINGLE-COVER-Chloe-Flower-Get-What-U-Get.jpg

This is obviously kitschy but could e.g. Beethoven's 9th Finale be performed by an orchestra and rappers instead of a choir in an interesting, creative way and if so would you guys be ready to applaud such a performance?

2 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

This is obviously kitschy but could e.g. Beethoven's 9th Finale be performed by an orchestra and rappers instead of a choir in an interesting, creative way and if so would you guys be ready to applaud such a performance?

Unlikely but possible.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Beethoven's 9th Finale be performed by an orchestra and rappers instead of a choir

Yuja is, let's say, more lithe than breathtakingly beautiful.  Aspects of which could be said to come through a recording of her playing.  For all intents and purposes this is a successful modern update to well established repertoire.  She changes nothing by adding life into her performances.

What you appear to be contemplating after witnessing the video I posted is confusion.  A "Con" leading you into believing a "Fusion" could have the least amount of merit.  You'd be fooling yourself by committing to pursuit of something many times removed from even the low standing of derivative works.  Simply because nothing had been created.

4 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

I was really curious and I wanted to understand, why you in the Netherlands get a different (better) cover

Negative elevation and terminally flat terrain.  Anything that gives a slight rise would be naturally considered life affirming.  x-D

Before anyone gets upset.  I'm quite fond of this country's people, cuisine, and by far cycling in the many varieties it exists.  Would not care to live there.

7 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I would if rap was actually music, but it's been pretty clearly identified that it isn't. It is other things, including, obviously, a performance and also a social statement in it's superior implementations, but not music. 

JC

8 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Beethoven couldn't attract you without rappers anymore? My condolences.

7 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I would if rap was actually music, but it's been pretty clearly identified that it isn't. It is other things, including, obviously, a performance and also a social statement in it's superior implementations, but not music. 

JC

I saw Robert Glasper last week at the North Sea Jazz Festival (Rotterdam, by the way). His playing was wonderful and in direct contradiction to your statement. In one of his appearances he performed with Yasiin Bey.

19 minutes ago, ronfint said:

I saw Robert Glasper last week at the North Sea Jazz Festival (Rotterdam, by the way). His playing was wonderful and in direct contradiction to your statement. In one of his appearances he performed with Yasiin Bey.

There was a performance of Bach' Goldbergs with piano and Turkish percussionist in my town some time ago. Guess, some people really like it, but I am pretty much convinced Bach's music would survive without all this travesty.

Should have posted that in a new thread.  

The Flower album was meant to be humorous by offending/titillating advocates of a few musical genres.  Any notice of serious musicianship went out the window as soon as that video started playing.