5 hours ago, ronfint said:

I really like Melissa Aldana's playing. I'm hoping to catch at least part of her set next month at the North Sea Jazz Fest.

If you dig Melissa, check out Joel Ross who plays vibes on Melissa's album.  His Blue Note release, Kingmaker, is excellent.

Cindy Bradley

is one hellova Trumpet Smooth Jazz master ! For Smooth Jazz, trumpet sounds better to me than sax, classier, wider range of emotions.

Anyway a few albums to explore, recommended. Technically DR is not that great around the 4-5's... resolution and sound stage are very good indeed. Hard to choose which is best, can't really go wrong, production values are classy to match.

Folder.jpg

Folder.jpg

Folder.jpg

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Not ECM this time, but VERY good IMHO. Really advice to listen to it. In my humble opinion one of her best ever. Nice sound with DR11 and complete packaging with leaflets etc. 24/44 download.

112966411_ScreenShot2019-06-11at16_45_16.png.109a721c4c4417be7434c8fd0df6bb44.png

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

1984 3xCD Erato release.  Not entirely sure if recorded on set during the making of the film (sound effects etc. are quite good) or if parts of the production were moved into a studio to duplicate the movie.  Apparently the film did well turning the opera into a movie.

mbid-a5cf2954-ed68-4319-a27d-1056400ffea

10 hours ago, One and a half said:

folder.jpg

This red, brass thing is pretty sexy :) Does she really play it?

(been thinking for a second about a an equivalent for male trumpet players but no artistically interesting idea came to mind..x-D)

OTOH I can't understand how it's possible that no-one noticed that her dress is shamelessly raised on this photo ;) 

My thoughts were centered on the ability to chart how she had progressed as an artist following the album covers downwards.  Certainly not the sermonizing on indecency I received in this thread for posting Naive "Vivaldi Edition" albums.  9_9

Her eyes on this photo seem to be saying 'I'm not so sure this raised dress is such a good idea' and IMO she's right. If they had dressed her in 10cm shorter mini dress I would have paid no attention but raising her dress like this is just a bad idea. The trumpet is cool though in a slightly kitschy way :D The color reminds me of late Miles Davis' instrument. 

Jean Sibelius

Orchestral Songs

Jorma Hynninen

Leif Segerstam/Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra

Thrilling songs from Sibelius, and what a virile and beautiful voice!  Pity there are so few recordings of Jorma Hynninen.

201286588_JormaHynninenSibeliusOrchestralSongsa.jpg.4906e493e6959bfdd07c2f58e50aeb93.jpg

14684529_JormaHynninenSibeliusOrchestralSongsb.jpg.378646436aac33ab3861ea7e85ebe651.jpg

Edited to add:  Found the album on youtube, if anyone is interested!

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

3 minutes ago, HIFI said:

The recording is so good you can’t help loving this one

One of my very favorite albums of all time. IMO has it all - everything it takes to make a truly great album. I first acquired the CD then the LP and besides loving both, use them as reference recordings. 

That said I would be overjoyed if RR would release “Torch Songs” in a hires digital format,, at least as an SACD. Pleasie???

Recent investigation of Nuova Era label produced an exciting Veracini 'Sonate a Violono Solo e Basso' trio recording on a flawless new disc.  Invisibly flawed to the extent playback is ruinous to speakers and too severe for worthwhile playback after running it through glitch removal software.  Sadly the selection(?) and/or playing on this incomplete 4D recording of his Ouvertures are droll and devoid of any Italianate flair. 

Just now replayed No. 3.  Technically all is as one could possibly hope for.  As a replacement for Ambien.  Veracin-zzzzzzzz.

Veracini.thumb.jpg.d89b8d3ec634608695d573bb90b7eae5.jpg