George Frideric Handel

Serse

Franco Fagioli

Emelyanychev/Il Pomo d'Oro

One of my favorite operas.  I began my serious investigations of Handel's glorious music after hearing Serse's aria Ombra mai fu in the film Dangerous Liaisons in December of 1988.

This recent recording features the spectacular countertenor Franco Fagioli in the the title role.

1311769418_HandelFagioliSersea.thumb.jpg.3580fa963bbc9e80835d05e0bda4a84c.jpg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Augér died shortly after this very personal recording of these six songs based on poems by Elizabeth Barret Browning composed for and with her by Libby Larsen.  By a rather considerable margin they stand out above the other songs which were collected from recordings at the Aspen Music Festival to fill out the album.  

51wziRgaYvL.jpg

19 hours ago, Melvin said:

spacer.png

I guess I'm in a Pink Floyd kind of mood tonight .. "Animals" (2016 vinyl reissue).

Not one of their most popular, but I've always liked it a lot.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I love Al Stewart, and especially how all his albums tie in history to make listening to them somewhat magical

This is one of my favorites, and I pulled it out and was wrapped in the fun of discovery once again.  

I sure as all get out would not want to be Joe the Georgian. :)

2025621661_ScreenShot2019-05-26at12_27_30AM.thumb.png.47d6e7d1c02a9415991788c41e0de8b5.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein