7 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I'm actually listening to Handel's solo piano pieces for the first time in my life. IM(very, very)HO Smirnova plays this material in a really beautiful way with great sensitivity and with lots of subtle expressive nuance. I like her 'timing' (is this word used in the field of classical music.?). And of course ECM sound is never a bad thing.

image.png.c22f529feec0171b911fc1cc188e6e10.png

It may be interesting to compare with Keith Jarret's album with Händel suites on the same label.

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

It may be interesting to compare with Keith Jarret's album with Händel suites on the same label.

I remember your recommendation of this recording, I will surely do it. BTW thanks for your suggestion to check out Beth Gibbons in Gorecki's symphony on 'Your Favorite Youtube..' thread. This is something ..different.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:12 PM, Nikhil said:

The use of dance as a medium is consistent with stylistic portrayals of  mythological traditions but Tagore's works took the form of plays, dramas and poems as well.      

Thank you.  I was simply unaware if there was a reason it appears to be a fairly popular target for modern dance.  Intellectualizing and actually understanding are not the same.  :) 

I cannot imagine this being capable of leaving a bitter taste in anyone.

51TO6JodYJL.jpg.5802a8e49062177bf0d1109994f23083.jpg

4 hours ago, Allan F said:

Prince became addicted to opioid painkillers because he suffered from severe chronic hip pain for years. He refused to undergo surgery because, as a Jehovah's Witness, he followed that religion's misguided interpretation of the Bible that prohibits blood transfusions. An investigation by authorities found that he died as a result of taking what he believed to be the prescription drug Vicodin when, in fact, it was a counterfeit form that contained the deadly drug fentanyl.

He was incredibly talented. You have to watch his guitar solo during "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at George Harrison's posthumous induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, starting at 3:27 of this clip: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Oh yes - that was just incredible.

I guess that I don't see how he could have gotten fake drugs from a normal pharmacy, so there is some piece of information in there that I do not know. But in any case, yet another shining talent wiped out by [some kind of] drugs.  

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

My copy says Shenzen Goodwill Ambassador top leftmost on the front and "No selling of this product outside China.  Selling in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan is also prohibited."  That is the extent of English including the song titles.  Technically that must mean I made a monetary contribution and received this most noble gift on a day when rivers flow high and carp are leaping over gates.  :)

1200_00028947762294.thumb.jpg.ce532fe810fe727d08e9431f1061d580.jpg

On 4/24/2019 at 3:58 PM, semente said:

Cellier was the man who "found" the Bulgarian Voices. 😉

Thank you again for pointing these ladies out to me.  Found this interview with 4AD's founder tonight and more and more this starts sounding like it's right up my alley.