Self released album by The Collegeville Consort.  This was one of the local albums I had hoped to track down at some point!  Now if only I could uncover the remaining Schubert Club releases.    

The internationally famous architecture of St John's Abbey church in Collegeville, MN is worth noting for those who participated in the thread on concert hall architecture.  This album was not recorded in the church but the on the St. John's university campus in the Gertken Organ Studio.

R-8080317-1454763138-8821.jpeg.jpg

26 minutes ago, rando said:

Self released album by The Collegeville Consort.  This was one of the local albums I had hoped to track down at some point!  Now if only I could uncover the remaining Schubert Club releases.    

The internationally famous architecture of St John's Abbey church in Collegeville, MN is worth noting for those who participated in the thread on concert hall architecture.  This album was not recorded in the church but the on the St. John's university campus in the Gertken Organ Studio.

R-8080317-1454763138-8821.jpeg.jpg

Could not trust anything published grass roots. Do they use proper microphones?

15 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Could not trust anything published grass roots. Do they use proper microphones?

Those responsible for the recording and mastering have gold records hanging in their office.  I see no direct notification of the exact models, arrangement, mixing equipment, etc. noted.  The performance space is used quite regularly and was designed to account for the acoustics of the organ, choir, orchestra, and audience's needs.  :)

Since I'm already here...  This might be one of the best album covers I have ever seen and is a masterfully effected fine-art multiple exposure.  In celebration of the first black man to finish the Paris-Roubaix bicycle race that took place earlier today.

51G4KE3G2EL.jpg

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Do not be childish. Everybody knows, only respectable recording houses, such as Melodiya or Deutsche Grammophon make good audio recordings.

If you would be so kind, please author a post promoting a more authentic and notably better sounding recording of these works. 

Preferably from your first childhood and with all work done by a member of the respectable houses.  How scarce your coin has grown here.  What a welcome change that would produce. 

¢¢¢¢¢   Without sense for the rarely appreciated one relies on objects shouting their worth. Or I suppose people of similar behavior.

MI0002421679.jpg.37e097144b6082e2c0f9519bfe6e50c8.jpg

M. A.Charpentier: Leçons de Ténèbres (Offices du jeudi et du vendredi saints)

Sandrine Piau, Ian Honeyman, Peter Harvey, Agnès Mellon & Jacques Bona

Il Seminario musicale, Gérard Lesne

22048854_5099952202155(1).jpg.39cd04d0281898e027cd385e4856d457.jpg

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/7962938--charpentier-m-a-lecons-de-tenebres-offices-du-jeudi-et-du-vendredi-saints

First listen to this recording and to these compositions.

I came back to let @AnotherSpin partially off the hook.  I laughed off his nonsense, but I've been the predominant target of too many complaints not to address him.  One fire apparently consumed a much smaller one.

1 hour ago, PieterP said:

Notre dame in Paris is on fire now, partly collapsed already. I wonder about the damage to the famous Cavaille-Coll organ.

So uh, this is awkward...

71jnJ2xKSbL._SL1024_.jpg

My less than somber reaction to Notre Dame's roof burning was the correct one. At best there were a few "Scattered Sparks of Sound" distributed in the blaze. Organ, Rose Windows, everything of irreplaceable value survived. Almost as if the hand of God took measures against French construction regulations to assure the safety of all who enter for centuries yet to pass.

Lest Notre Dame de Paris be thought the only Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.  Or even the only one with an organ worth listening to.  

91yEcjY2xJL._SS500_.jpg.545d074776ed84255bd6edc253230dd5.jpg