Original music track from the legendary nationally syndicated radio series debut show from 1983

Took a chance on this one since the "Elevator Music" albums of this genre, though I understand them, are not personally appealing.  As a single encounter this selection was well chosen and well ordered for the task of looking through a massive encylopedia of garden plants and trees.  Which shapes and forms taken in bulk are as diverse as the stars.

a1990186826_10.thumb.jpg.b67abcb3bbd513df481f0176d8fda1e4.jpg

Recorded Live at Wigmore Hall, London, on 10 March, 2015:

Music of Purcell, Locke, Blow, & Gibbons

Rosemary Joshua & Sarah Connolly

Harry Bicket/The English Concert

755437703_RosemaryJoshuaandSarahConnollyLivea.thumb.jpg.7e921a76c4ff205d1bee743de678a2b1.jpg

1723488619_RosemaryJoshuaandSarahConnollyLiveb.jpg.514d6a64595db591eba989c7198abd4d.jpg

Yes, another Rosemary Joshua CD.  :D  I may as well come out and say it:  any recording featuring Rosemary Joshua is well worth listening to and owning!  I'm only missing one, so I suppose in theory that one may be the exception haha, but I doubt it.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

2 hours ago, rando said:

Took a chance on this one since the "Elevator Music" albums of this genre, though I understand them, are not personally appealing.  As a single encounter this selection was well chosen and well ordered for the task of looking through a massive encylopedia of garden plants and trees.  Which shapes and forms taken in bulk are as diverse as the stars.

a1990186826_10.thumb.jpg.b67abcb3bbd513df481f0176d8fda1e4.jpg

As a kid of the 1960s, anything to do with space or flight is appealing to me. Is this work buying, or is it available on a streaming site? 

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Lamenta

The Lamentations of the Prophet Jeremiah

The Tallis Scholars, Peter Phillips (conductor)

"Six settings of the Lamentations of Jeremiah, traditionally performed after dark on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. The settings by Palestrina and Ferrabosco were specially recorded for this release. The settings by Brumel, Tallis and White were compiled from previous releases."

755138199620.png.c0c276f031aec08a749fc7d2fcd94b7b.png

https://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDGIM996

18 hours ago, Paul R said:

As a kid of the 1960s, anything to do with space or flight is appealing to me. Is this work buying, or is it available on a streaming site? 

-Paul

How would you react if they just released it on vinyl (or cd which you might find cheaper).  Here is a link to the official radio show site which offers streaming of 1100 shows in 128kbps AACplus.  SQ of the cd appeared to backup my impression HOS put a lot of effort into getting high quality masters.  The new owners of the label may not have taken the same amount of care on other releases.

While I'm treading off the beaten path.  No visual aids were utilized for these challenging releases.

R-8232367-1457618043-9527.jpeg.jpg

9200000029979929.thumb.jpg.d0e46beb982cf118d9d2ac48ae284b79.jpg

Great recommendation that I easily listen to on Qobuz... gracias amigo.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Colin Stetson, SORROW - a reimagining of Gorecki's 3rd Symphony

I admit I was using this music to listen to my equipment - it's dense and I was listening for instrument separation, detail, etc.  Then I realized how much I liked it.  That said, if your listening to it through a system that is not resolving enough, it is all a bit "congested"...

a1443587754_16.jpg

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Listening to the newly-released (today!) 22-CD boxed set of the complete Deutsche Grammophon recordings of violinist Gil Shaham.  I already had most of these recordings on their original CD releases.  Sadly, DG has not bothered with original covers, any worthwhile notes, or anything new or special, other than the return to print of a number of the albums included.  Each disc has the contents of one of the original albums, content has not been rearranged across discs.  The disc order is not in chronological order, so perhaps it was arranged by favorites by whoever at DG was responsible.  Disc 1 is the Barber/Korngold album, which happens to be my own favorite haha! 

I hope I won't encounter sloppy edits or mislabeled discs, as I've found in some boxed compilations from Sony* and other labels.  On disc 5 now, and so far, so good.  

Gil Shaham

The Complete Deutsche Grammophon Recordings

562355925_GilShahama.thumb.jpg.6b8a815e8ad7035cfdb101ce84430e29.jpg

270147736_GilShahamb.jpg.ef0ec4c3d1628379910205f5a54616a2.jpg

*Sony boxed sets of Philippe Entremont and Kathryn Stott, to name two with major errors that come to mind.

Too late to edit my post above, but I thought I'd add a note that Gil Shaham's more recent recordings are not included in the DG set, as they are on his private label, Canary Classics.