Something a little different, a 44/24 version of this newly released LP. Excellent SQ also.

Image result for paul weller other aspects

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

16 minutes ago, Melvin said:

spacer.png

I heard about this talented singer-songwriter only recently. Along with Dylan (his inspiration) I hear an essence of Tracy Chapman in his vocals. Kenyan-born and self-taught, he's living the American dream. Highly recommended for those who enjoy folk/Americana.

Great stuff. Wrote about it in my recent Auralic Vega G1 review. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, Melvin said:

spacer.png

I heard about this talented singer-songwriter only recently. Along with Dylan (his inspiration) I hear an essence of Tracy Chapman in his vocals. Kenyan-born and self-taught, he's living the American dream. Highly recommended for those who enjoy folk/Americana.

Thanks for mentioning. I don't listen to many male singers but this guy is a special.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

George Frideric Handel

Theodora

William Christie/Les Arts Florissant

Sophie Daneman

Daniel Taylor

794751238_HandelTheodoraa.jpg.723821a611fffe29f4bf9666a123fd8b.jpg

819174828_HandelTheodorab.jpg.45332aa0b10cb9e83e67bfc5c809fda3.jpg

Sophie Daneman sings very beautifully, so I suppose it's uncharitable of me to wish Rosemary Joshua had been cast instead haha!

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Felix Mendelssohn

Elijah

Paul McCreesh/Gabrieli Consort/Wroclaw Philharmonic Choir

Rosemary Joshua

Sarah Connolly

Simon Keenlyside

194784101_MendelssohnElijaha.jpg.6f0cfd6c47db8a5e4748eed3784f4e51.jpg

1670343097_MendelssohnElijahb.jpg.886617e82e80a3197d8675f8c82479cc.jpg

Magnificent.  This is another work I saved for reaching the age of 50.  It was worth the wait.  Especially considering this incredible performance/recording didn't exist when I was young haha!

Edited to add:  I'm listening on CD, but I did find a youtube playlist if anyone wishes to check out the performance:

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

Another old favorite. DES 18073 needle drop.  Amazing, this is from 1977, and sounds better than a lot of the music produced today. 

Good old fashioned music. Nothing jaw dropping, just a lot of fun. Great bass and drums on this oldie but goodie too.  

Standout tracks for me are Raised on Love,  and Nostradamus.  Stage door is probably the most popular track from this album. 

-Paul

1278133070_ScreenShot2019-03-26at10_06_20PM.thumb.png.c4e4966863f7d847061ba5ab8891d68c.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.