Rate this topic

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

I love this album. I am slowly working my way through Brahem's discography on ECM. Other standouts for me are The Amazing Eyes of Rita and Souvenance.

I think first two from his ECM recordings were amazing.

An interesting guitar man, and an even more interesting album: recorded when Lenny Breau was only 20 years old and the record was forgotten for more than 40 years! Great music!

42B90CF2-9817-4053-B202-281269B9E9F1.png

18 minutes ago, semente said:

Have you read Travels with a Tangerine?

Thanks for that - always up for good book suggestions.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> iFi micro-iDSD -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

19 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just stumbled on this in Qobuz new releases. It's a very interesting and ambitious project by Jordi Savall et al.

image.png

I'm still working through it and really enjoying it, although the narration isn't particularly pleasing.

Do you see this one in Qobuz? I can only find it in Tidal.

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/aolaruz6linqc

But this is on the UK site. I'm not seeing it on the US site.

Since this is a new release, I wonder what is keeping them from adding it to the US site simultaneously, especially since Tidal US has it, suggesting no issue with the label. 

@David Craff Any idea when this will come to Qobuz USA?

23 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just stumbled on this in Qobuz new releases. It's a very interesting and ambitious project by Jordi Savall et al.

image.png

I'm still working through it and really enjoying it, although the narration isn't particularly pleasing.

Thanks! Selections from this program performed live w/ video:  https://live.philharmoniedeparis.fr/Concert/1058633/hesperion-xxi-jordi-savall-ibn-battuta-de-damas-en-chine.html

"If works of art were judged democratically--that is, according to how many people like them--kitsch would easily defeat all its competitors,"  Thomas Kulka, Kitsch and Art

"If works of art were judged democratically--that is, according to how many people like them--kitsch would easily defeat all its competitors,"  Thomas Kulka, Kitsch and Art