18 minutes ago, semente said:

Have you read Travels with a Tangerine?

Thanks for that - always up for good book suggestions.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

19 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just stumbled on this in Qobuz new releases. It's a very interesting and ambitious project by Jordi Savall et al.

image.png

I'm still working through it and really enjoying it, although the narration isn't particularly pleasing.

Do you see this one in Qobuz? I can only find it in Tidal.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/aolaruz6linqc

But this is on the UK site. I'm not seeing it on the US site.

Since this is a new release, I wonder what is keeping them from adding it to the US site simultaneously, especially since Tidal US has it, suggesting no issue with the label. 

@David Craff Any idea when this will come to Qobuz USA?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just stumbled on this in Qobuz new releases. It's a very interesting and ambitious project by Jordi Savall et al.

image.png

I'm still working through it and really enjoying it, although the narration isn't particularly pleasing.

Thanks! Selections from this program performed live w/ video:  https://live.philharmoniedeparis.fr/Concert/1058633/hesperion-xxi-jordi-savall-ibn-battuta-de-damas-en-chine.html

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

Thanks for that link! The first part is at the same site: https://live.philharmoniedeparis.fr/concert/1046900/hesperion-xxi-jordi-savall-le-voyage-d-ibn-battuta.html

Was browsing today, and found a copy of Emerson Lake & Palmer's _Love Beach_.  I realized I had never done a needle drop of the album, and when I looked it up, the only version on Qobuz was a remastered version.

I barely remembered this album, though I did remember the cover made 'em look like Bee Gees, and it was made in Nassau.  Emerson did most of the mastering, if memory serves me correctly. My album does not have a producer listed, but the info on QuBoz and Wiki says Emerson was the producer. It shows... 

I might should have just moved on. Turns out this was a "forced" album, and made only under pressure and threats from Ertegun, who also demanded the album be "commercial."  The first side of the record is a vast wasteland, save for the last track, _Canario_, which is somewhat interesting.  The second side is all Emerson, and a bit better, but you know - the guy must have been burning out about this time. Drugs, too much popularity, British Tax Law, who knows?  

It was a bit of fun for the memories, but otherwise, not so much. Perhaps the remastered copy on Qobuz would be more worth the time, but I just don't know.  Caveat Emptor! 

948899629_ScreenShot2019-03-13at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.555ed7733837a1fe244780fa69ce6f8c.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein