Ending the night with my favorite contralto, the wonderful Nathalie Stutzmann:

Giovanni Battista Pergolesi

Stabat Mater | Salve Regina

Nathalie Stutzmann

Elizabeth Norberg-Schulz

Roy Goodman/The Hanover Band

1839592209_NathalieStutzmannPergolesia.thumb.jpg.71e12e7a6e15457a54b2b13e318e278f.jpg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

This was an accidental find, the Album name caught my eye then the subtitle go me -  The Man With 533 Kids?! 

Then, the track listing caught my attention, with just about every other song being composed and performed by Andre Manoukian. The man is a French Armenian Jazz Artist, and I usually like his stuff. On this album, his stuff is intermixed with performances by "We Were Evergreen" - a French "sort of" Electronic Folk group. If that is even a genre... 

The two artists seem to provide a great counterpoint and complement for each other on the album; each artist by themselves might have been a bit too much on this soundtrack.  When I  listened to the album I smiled a lot and even laughed at a couple tracks. It was worth the time. Might even track down the movie...

The album is available on Qobuz, and sounds pretty good.   https://open.qobuz.com/album/5060281616845. Details below. There are a couple tracks on here marked as "unavailable" - I don't know why, but the few seconds of the tracks that play just seem jarring, so maybe someone is on to something here... 

BTW: If y'all haven't guessed, I find a lot of new music I like in soundtracks. :)

1741925584_ScreenShot2019-03-04at8_50_37PM.thumb.png.7beb678ec467ac4c739be09bbb198e3b.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

3 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

For a little change after so much French Baroque music:

2118296113_BSOopsUKa.jpg.4e4d6d1eb940ff03d66c2d04109ffcf1.jpg

haha!  Just kidding! :D

I'm actually listening to:

Antonín Dvořák

Symphony No. 7

Claus Peter Flor/Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra

1295724242_Dvorak7a.jpg.0f21d9142cc903beffbd11c59a32604a.jpg

758967905_Dvorak7b.jpg.58a483464e9597b2d3364b8b131a9cff.jpg

Enjoying this beautiful BIS Hybrid SACD!

Here is the album on Qobuz:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/7318599918969

If you were to gander through my musical library you would be able to clearly identify which are my albums, and which my SO added to the collection.

haha.

No electron left behind.

I corrected a defect in my CD collection, with the Jean-Féry Rebel masterpiece Les élémens recording by Marc Minkowski and Les Musiciens du Louvre, thanks to the new CD that arrived today from Japan.  Most of the booklet is in Japanese, so I won't be reading that anytime soon haha!  It's a wonderful recording overall, but I think I prefer the Jordi Savall interpretation.  I found the Christopher Hogwood version on Qobuz, and decided it wasn't to my taste, which turned out to be good, as I couldn't find it on CD anywhere anyway!  LOL  It would have irritated me no end if I had adored that version and couldn't buy it, so this is good haha!  It appears now that I own every interpretation I need of this composition, until any new recordings are released that I'll need to investigate. :D 

Anyway, listening to the Minkowski for the second time this evening:

Jean-Féry Rebel

Les élémens

Les Caractères de la Danse

Le tombeau de M. de Lully

Marc Minkowski/Les Musiciens du Louvre 

2062942587_RebelElementsMinkowski.jpg.139f2afd2c620b294de859cc9d49d2b4.jpg

More French music, but leaping forward to the 20th Century haha!

Francis Poulenc

La Voix humaine

Felicity Lott

Armin Jordan/Orchestre de la Suisse Romande

321124373_FelicityLottLavoixhumainea.thumb.jpg.ccc5ae4955d6ddee9102e1ac7ab87c00.jpg

173280220_FelicityLottLavoixhumaineb.thumb.jpg.ab65102f913ab438b4fdf475cde98a0a.jpg

It's on Qobuz if anyone is interested in this one-character opera, beautifully sung by Felicity Lott (she's always wonderful in R. Strauss and the French composers):

https://open.qobuz.com/album/3149020175910

8 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

I corrected a defect in my CD collection, with the Jean-Féry Rebel masterpiece Les élémens recording by Marc Minkowski and Les Musiciens du Louvre, [...] I found the Christopher Hogwood version on Qobuz, and decided it wasn't to my taste, [...] It appears now that I own every interpretation I need of this composition, until any new recordings are released that I'll need to investigate. :D

Hasn't the Hogwood version been recommended more than once in this thread before? So what's wrong with it? And what's so special about this composition that requires investigating and owning every version?

34 minutes ago, accwai said:

Hasn't the Hogwood version been recommended more than once in this thread before? So what's wrong with it? And what's so special about this composition that requires investigating and owning every version?

It is a hobby. Perhaps he is just enjoying doing that?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Please continue to post albums of any  genre that you enjoy, thank you always...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

11 minutes ago, mourip said:

As always it is how you say it. That separates rudeness from and expression of sincere interest x-D

In this case, the questions are very, very literal. I really do want to know what's wrong with the Hogwood version. And this piece is very special indeed. I do want to figure out what others think. If the way I say it is rude, I apologize. That was not intended at all. In any case, one of my amps just blew up so I'll be taking a break from music for a while. See you people.

12 minutes ago, accwai said:

In this case, the questions are very, very literal. I really do want to know what's wrong with the Hogwood version. And this piece is very special indeed. I do want to figure out what others think. If the way I say it is rude, I apologize. That was not intended at all. In any case, one of my amps just blew up so I'll be taking a break from music for a while. See you people.

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry about your amp.

Back to the music...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

37 minutes ago, accwai said:

I didn't listen to my home system for several month while traveling. Now it sounds better than before...) Hope all will be well with your hobby😉