Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

My current favorite is Céline Frisch. 

https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/02/04/celine-frischs-beautiful-well-tempered-clavier/

Richter was my first love, Hewitt (as usual with Bach) has done two great recordings, and Schiff‘s earlier recording is also worth checking out. 

I glad you’ve done with Richter. When I see someone recommends Richter for whatever reason I skip all other recommendations from the same source. Need to check Celine Frischs, even if harpsichord is not so involving and  may be difficult to my ears sometimes.

1 hour ago, accwai said:

Robert Levin's set in the Hänssler Edition Bachakademie was done on a mix of single/double manual harpsichord, clavichord, church organ and fortepiano.

I have that somewhere. Need to check it out again. 

8 hours ago, Musicophile said:

My current favorite is Céline Frisch. 

Thanks for sharing. Must say I am not very fond of harpsichord, but I will give Frisch a try. 

2 hours ago, WAM said:

Thanks for sharing. Must say I am not very fond of harpsichord, but I will give Frisch a try. 

The transparency you get, for example in prelude 10, is really worth it. Plus I find her Silbermann copy to be among the nicer sounding harpsichords

In bed listening session :) (4AM)

A1WfyojC6FL._SY355_.jpg

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

A Cerulean State - Singles 2016 - a smooth piano simplicity.

a0663824232_10.jpg

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

15 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

A Cerulean State - Singles 2016 - a smooth piano simplicity.

a0663824232_10.jpg

Is it somehow related to Maria Schneider? Her Cerulean Skies composition from Sky Blue album is one of astonishing beauty.

Recently stumbled upon a wonderfully light-hearted folk duo from Germany. The lady strongly reminds me of Julia, of "Angus and Julia Stone" fame:

Available on Qobuz.

Mrs I.jpg

Mrs II.jpg

8 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Is it somehow related to Maria Schneider? Her Cerulean Skies composition from Sky Blue album is one of astonishing beauty.

I don't think so. Her 'The Thompson Fields' is a very good album too.

―  William Shakespeare.

Here are a couple albums I found very enjoyable.  Jennifer Pike and Marta Gebska.

Jennifer Pike: The Polish Violin

Marta Gebska: Per Musicam Ad Astra

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> ISO REGEN/LPS-1.2 --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Focal CMS50's