1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

+2

0002894811362_600.jpg

All right then, gentlemen, I have a couple of albums to check out.  🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, sphinxsix said:

There is an interesting concept behind this musician's work. Some say it's the jazz of the future. A couple of serious music sites have ranked this album among the top jazz recordings of 2018. IMO some fresh jazzy sounds for sure (and I don't mind the fact that this music has a strong 'dancefloor' element)!

image.jpg?c=5v8c6ZiC5UDffsoPOSQ6ripQg_7i

First of all I apologize for my English.... thank’s a lot for your suggestion, today I bought the album

MacBook Pro with Audirvana - Qobuz Studio

M2Tech Young DSD MKIII - PSU M2Tech Van Der Graaf MKII

Cambridge Audio Edge A

Harbeth C7ES-3

PS Audio Powerplant Stelllar P3

37 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

The new recording of the Well Tempered Clavier is good but not outstanding 

May I ask what is your desert island choice?

I must say I like it. It is not my first choice (that's Richter), but it's good, very good. I listen a lot to the WTK, cannot imagine a life without it. I also like Hewitt (first recording), Pollini (damn, only book 1), Ashkenazy (lousy sq) and Tureck (dreadful sq, both recordings).

> I am not an expert, just a listener and an aficionado. Richter's WTK convinced me Bach invented the blues (and the rest). Everybody should own a version of the WTK: it's not about classical music, it's about GOOD music. It's about life.

I am afraid Donald T does not own a copy....

9 hours ago, WAM said:

May I ask what is your desert island choice?

I must say I like it. It is not my first choice (that's Richter), but it's good, very good. I listen a lot to the WTK, cannot imagine a life without it. I also like Hewitt (first recording), Pollini (damn, only book 1), Ashkenazy (lousy sq) and Tureck (dreadful sq, both recordings).

> I am not an expert, just a listener and an aficionado. Richter's WTK convinced me Bach invented the blues (and the rest). Everybody should own a version of the WTK: it's not about classical music, it's about GOOD music. It's about life.

I am afraid Donald T does not own a copy....

My current favorite is Céline Frisch. 

https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/02/04/celine-frischs-beautiful-well-tempered-clavier/

Richter was my first love, Hewitt (as usual with Bach) has done two great recordings, and Schiff‘s earlier recording is also worth checking out. 

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

My current favorite is Céline Frisch. 

https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/02/04/celine-frischs-beautiful-well-tempered-clavier/

Richter was my first love, Hewitt (as usual with Bach) has done two great recordings, and Schiff‘s earlier recording is also worth checking out. 

I glad you’ve done with Richter. When I see someone recommends Richter for whatever reason I skip all other recommendations from the same source. Need to check Celine Frischs, even if harpsichord is not so involving and  may be difficult to my ears sometimes.