• 3 weeks later...
In 5.1 surround it also works well. George Martin and his son Giles produced a wonderful experience/compilation. I used to play the surround tracks through my Ht system, but now I am content to listen to it in 2 channel with the voices very clear, the music is immersive as much as 2channel can and kind of a magical mystery tour.

As the Beatles will sing, sleep tight, and heal well.

Richard

PS Have all her albums including the one you played tonight. Excellent!

I love Diana Krall. Quite an amazing talent she is. In fact we really are lucky to have so many talented women singing jazzy tunes these days. Besides Diana there is Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson, Jane Monheit, Patricia Barber, Stacey Kent, and on and on.

edit: I also have all Diana Kralls albums, even her Christmas album, and I hear she is about to release a new one soon. There is a single available on iTunes right now. It is a bit more bluesy than her previous albums.

No electron left behind.

It seems I have about 15 of her albums. Was 14 until a few moments ago, thanks to your notice of her impending new album and I clicked on Diana Krall: Glad Rag Doll at Amazon. Out in beginning of October. The 14 includes the Christmas album. Oh and several DVDs which I don't seem to watch preferring to listen to 2 channel. She also makes guests appearances/or recordings with the likes of her favorite guitar player Anthony Wilson. Sings with Ray Charles and a few other duets. Tony Bennett? Don't remember. I thought she and her husband were going to make an album but I may have imagined that, or did I?

Best,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1433[/ATTACH]

I have several of her performance DVDs as well sometimes they are fun to watch/listen to. She has done some duets and collaborations, Ray Charles I know for sure on a tribute to Ray Charles album I bought at Starbucks many years ago. She is also on a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald CD titled Ella Ella Ella, which I also have. I also heard she was supposed to be doing an album with her husband, Elvis Costello. I wonder what came of that...

No electron left behind.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...