very cool

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

This was mentioned in another thread. Excellent version - performance and sound - I didn't know about. Listening on Tidal (different release) and ordered the CD from Amazon.

61zIGcw0WBL._SX425_.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

This was mentioned in another thread. Excellent version - performance and sound - I didn't know about. Listening on Tidal (different release) and ordered the CD from Amazon.

61zIGcw0WBL._SX425_.jpg

Could you check your Tidal source?  The only version I could find was 96kbs.

https://tidal.com/album/9615969

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

26 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Could you check your Tidal source?  The only version I could find was 96kbs.

https://tidal.com/album/9615969

Tidal has some weird search quirks. On one search I came up with the one you are seeing. But there is also this, if you play with the search terms: https://listen.tidal.com/album/8746572

As I tried to mention, the version on Tidal is the same recording, different release to the CD I bought and pictured. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Tidal has some weird search quirks. On one search I came up with the one you are seeing. But there is also this, if you play with the search terms: https://listen.tidal.com/album/8746572

As I tried to mention, the version on Tidal is the same recording, different release to the CD I bought and pictured. 

Your link got me to "The content is no longer available."

2013186504_ScreenShot2018-06-26at10_45_12AM.thumb.jpg.65cfa09abcf0ac024c24aa23116e44fa.jpg

Oh well.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

34 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Your link got me to "The content is no longer available."

2013186504_ScreenShot2018-06-26at10_45_12AM.thumb.jpg.65cfa09abcf0ac024c24aa23116e44fa.jpg

Oh well.

then it must be a country thing. Are you in the US? I'm not.

16 minutes ago, firedog said:

then it must be a country thing. Are you in the US? I'm not.

Yes, USA.

FWIW, Tidal's rabbit hole did lead me to the Big English Music Box which includes the Handley/RPO Holsts' Planets as well as some very outstanding offerings by other English composers.