4 minutes ago, Musicophile said:
18 hours ago, WAM said:

Late sunday evening listening, one of my favorite coltrane albums:

africa.jpg

Read more  

There's a 24/192 remaster of this, do you have it? 

There are 24/...remasters of many Trane albums, do you have them? ;)

(not mentioning SACDs, in particular great sounding Analogue Productions ones)

4 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

There are 24/...remasters of many Trane albums, do you have them? ;)

(not mentioning SACDs, in particular great sounding Analogue Productions ones)

No, I am one of these old fashioned guys who buy these old fashioned silver discs. I rip the cd's for head-fi listening (MacBook, Audirvana), the discs shine in a Moon cd-transport (with separate Primare DAC, also old fashioned, no MQA ?). Must say I am not always impressed with the sq of those "remasters". Perhaps I should try some hi-rez.

My only Coltrane-indulgence, regarding sq (a present from Santa, aka my wife):

coltrane mono.jpg

7 hours ago, WAM said:

Afaik Take Five was designed as a showpiece for Morello (correct me if I am mistaken).

Take 10 is indeed a follow up, but it is not a Dave Brubeck album (it's a Paul Desmond/Jim Hall enterprise). Nevertheless, it's one of my favorite albums (I am a Desmond-fan). Highly recommended.

taketen.jpg

You're absolutely right, Take Ten is a Paul Desmond/Jim Hall session. Slipped my mind! It's a wonderful album. As a matter of fact, I like it better than Take Five!

The upside of finding upsampled albums on Qobuz is that you get free albums. 

This was my latest choice. 

w2li17wnt7lrc_600.jpg

Young German/Italian pianist Sophie Pacini, a Martha Argerich protégée, plays some excellent highly romantic Schumann and Mendelssohn. 

Well worth checking out.

21 hours ago, WAM said:

Afaik Take Five was designed as a showpiece for Morello (correct me if I am mistaken).

Take 10 is indeed a follow up, but it is not a Dave Brubeck album (it's a Paul Desmond/Jim Hall enterprise). Nevertheless, it's one of my favorite albums (I am a Desmond-fan). Highly recommended.

taketen.jpg

Is this available for DL somewhere?

On 6/19/2018 at 2:18 PM, WAM said:

You are not mistaken. It was written by Paul Desmond in 5/4 time, and it became one of the best known jazz compositions of all time.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron