11 hours ago, austinpop said:

You found it on Tidal? Can you send the link? I’ve searched a number of ways and can’t seem to find it.

No, I meant because of the relatively low number of discs produced.  I'd imagine searching the conductor, players, or chorus would have unearthed it.  Sorry for any confusion.

Bratwurst and Reiner's Vienna make a great pairing.  

The-Complete-Chicago-Symphony-Recordings

1 hour ago, rando said:

No, I meant because of the relatively low number of discs produced.  I'd imagine searching the conductor, players, or chorus would have unearthed it.  Sorry for any confusion.

The Vienna is an amazing album. The best releases are the „old“ DCC 16/44.1 or the Sony SACD. Music by itself is second to none :)

And I have to correct you: Bratwurst in not Vienna - but Munich.

2 hours ago, rando said:

Weisswurst is genuine Munich, Bratwurst is all over Europe ?

Outside of Chicago, and to a lesser degree Milwaukee, diverse identification of authentic varieties fall off into the near ubiquitous term bratwurst rapidly.  Would it help or worsen my case noting I posted a  composer from Bratislava in Song of the Day?

I rarely WATCH classical music. Hope this can be called 'album of the evening' :) The sound is decent on my headphones. Very nice TV realisation. I've probably heard better versions of the 6th, enjoying this video a lot anyway.

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I rarely WATCH classical music. Hope this can be called 'album of the evening' :) The sound is decent on my headphones. Very nice TV realisation. I've probably heard better versions of the 6th, enjoying this video a lot anyway.

+1. One could hear often about "better versions" of this or that. Any version of anything is ok, imho. I like Abbado's 6th, and I believe it makes sense forget comparing.

Yesterday I was listening to a version of Mahler 4th I hadn't listened to in a long while:

71CqvKIqXnL._SL1135_.jpg

At the end of the last movement, Sehr Behaglich, after I reconstituted myself from the puddle Kiri Te Kanawa had melted me into, I felt compelled to listen to the same movement from all the other versions I own, including one I've bookmarked on Tidal. These were:

31REJ7523WL.jpg

51ezWI0f-TL.jpg

91UJ1mfAtlL._SL1500_.jpg (this one onTidal).

I still find the SFS/MTT the best recording and SQ, but from a singing perspective on Sehr Behaglich, I was won over by Genia Kühmeier on the Gergiev/Munich.

I've just finished the exausting task of ripping then tagging this 19 CD box set...don't know where to start.

51M69A+UerL.jpg

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)