15 hours ago, WAM said:

Not a very original one, this evening. But imho one of the best albums I know.

somethin.jpg

Actually the 'Penguin Guide to Jazz' says 'Somethin' Else' belongs to the core of every jazz collection! Just listened to it myself today. A superb album with some true jazz legends.

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

'Penguin Guide to Jazz'

Truely a jazz bible! I regret one of the authors isn't with us anymore. I also regret that the late editions didn't include fusion albums. I have 2 paperback and 2 pdf editions, and can only recommend it to anybody who's building a serious jazz library. I also bought 'Penguin Guide to Classical' a year or so ago but I still don't feel I'm an expert on that topic so I won't judge its quality.

2 hours ago, WAM said:

Enough about those old warhorses, time for something new ?: Miles Mosley, Uprising

I didn't know the guy, thx. Will check him out cause it's one of the funkiest double bass playing I've heard in a long time (and a real high energy solo at 3:00). I bet he's not half that good on his studio albums ;)

I've recently been searching for the best recordings of my favorite Rachmaninov song, В молчаньи ночи тайной (known in English as In the Silence of the Secret Night), and finally hit upon a very recent release by Linn Records while searching on arkivmusic.com, a CD of songs by Sibelius and Rachmaninov, performed by baritone Jacques Imbrailo and pianist Alisdair Hogarth.  I decided to take a chance and order it, and now I'm listening to it for the third time in a row today.  Bliss!!  And not just that song, but the entire album!  I'll be writing to Linn Records to let them know I'm eagerly anticipating their next album with this wonderful singer.

447581517_JIa.thumb.jpg.1add358b26f58dc7d6551999a0382f1f.jpg

580220186_JIb2.thumb.jpg.b830e52e16de3da14a67c548bba43068.jpg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

15 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I’m not such a big fan of transcriptions in general, but this one is particularly nice:

yjn116tbjoixb_600.jpg

The Cello suites played on a lute. 

Well worth checking out. 

Streaming from Qobuz. 

Thanks for flagging this.

One hopes Mr. Dunford didn't have to hold this weird pose for too long . . .

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.