42 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section: that is because he plays with Miles Davis' old rhythm section consisting of Philly Joe Jones (drums), Red Garland (piano) and Paul Chambers (bass). It is a superb recording, in every way!

APMtRS.jpeg.8826ac083588c279a783d8f2e4021760.jpeg

One of my favorites. Great music, great recording. Amazing sound. Pepper didn't know the players and basically found out about the session when he walked in. Shows what a great soloist and an experienced and talented rhythm section can do at the drop of a hat. 

Roy DuNaan was a great engineer. Simple works: https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/402roy/index.html

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

22 minutes ago, firedog said:

One of my favorites. Great music, great recording. Amazing sound. Pepper didn't know the players and basically found out about the session when he walked in. Shows what a great soloist and an experienced and talented rhythm section can do at the drop of a hat. 

Roy DuNaan was a great engineer. Simple works: https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/402roy/index.html

Thanks for the link!!!

Recording is stunning for a 1957 album. Those people knew how to get things right. 

Art Pepper was plagued by his drug abuse. I read once that he recorded an album in the morning and had to begin to service his sentence in the afternoon. Nevertheless, a fantastic sax man at eye level with Gerry Mulligan and Stan Getz!

Nocturnal - Lute Music from Dowland to Britten

Jakob Lindberg

71-tycgBXGL._SL1200_.jpg

New release available now as 24/192 on sale at eclassical.

Seems the SACD comes out on July 6th. Lovely end of day listening.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

On 6/17/2011 at 2:02 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I recently started listening to one complete album from start to finish every evening. It's really great to sit down, no Internet, no phone, no iPhone, no i-anything and close my evening out with uninterrupted music. There's nothing like closing out each day on a great note, no pun intended.

I want to start this thread for people interested in doing the same thing. Listening to an album every evening and posting simply the artist and album information. Doesn't have to be a picture or the cover or a link or anything. It's more about enjoying this wonderful hobby.

I'll start with my Album of the Evening for tonight:

Artist: Boston

Album: Boston

Wow this is crazy. I had an itch to post to this thread tonight and I’m listening to the same album I kicked the thread off with. 

Boston. 

7D0C6F21-7911-4F4D-97C0-F22F3D3B3A02.jpeg

50210149-AD14-4625-B354-41BA96C45B70.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow this is crazy. I had an itch to post to this thread tonight and I’m listening to the same album I kicked the thread off with. 

Boston. 

7D0C6F21-7911-4F4D-97C0-F22F3D3B3A02.jpeg

50210149-AD14-4625-B354-41BA96C45B70.png

I decided to join you this evening, streaming on Tidal right now as I don't own very much classic rock at all.  You know, I am not sure I have played this album in 20 or so years.  I am pleasantly surprised my high end/resolving HP rig is not butchering it.  "all I want is to have my peace of mind"  LOL!

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 minutes ago, crenca said:

I decided to join you this evening, streaming on Tidal right now as I don't own very much classic rock at all.  You know, I am not sure I have played this album in 20 or so years.  I am pleasantly surprised my high end/resolving HP rig is not butchering it.  "all I want is to have my peace of mind"  LOL!

Brad Delp’s vocals are amazing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Brad Delp’s vocals are amazing. 

Yep, everything in the mix is sounds good - obviously well recorded/engineered originally. I am playing it at higher SPL than I should but it sounds real clear and distortion free.  The low distortion Focal Clear HP's am using help of course.  Everything is "right there" in the mix,  it is a bit bright, and everything is "forward" in that wall of sound sort of way - wish there was some nuance to the mix but it was mixed for playback in cars first and foremost no doubt...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

Her political taste may be questionnable, I still like her voice. 

That said, overall this production is a bit heavy for my taste. 

Ok, let's put aside her tastes (if there are any), the singing in a best case is... mechanical. There is nothing behind the sound, no substance, only emptiness. I had exactly the same feeling long before the war and her support of it. Even though she is Ukrainian.

36 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Ok, let's put aside her tastes (if there are any), the singing in a best case is... mechanical. There is nothing behind the sound, no substance, only emptiness. I had exactly the same feeling long before the war and her support of it. Even though she is Ukrainian.

At least we can agree she doesn’t live up to the hype 

Wise Up Ghost: Elvis Costello/The Roots

First time of playing, this is a brilliant collaboration of songwriting, playing and production. Elvis Costello redefines himself from album to album, not always successfully, but there are very few artists such as him who continue to be influential from decade to decade without always being derivative of themselves. Straight into my must revisit often library.