I agree with you.  She is darn good.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Bescol was a budget label owned by Bernie Solomon, formerly of Everest records.  The recordings on this disc from 1990 were made using the original 35mm Bert Whyte masters of the 1959 LSO  Beethoven cycle in Walthamstow Assembly Hall conducted by Joseph Krips.  

MI0001001448.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

20 hours ago, firedog said:

And besides that, anyone who thinks they are going to get some great hi-res sound from a 60-70 year old live club or concert recording is a fool. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist after reading this yesterday.  Recordings, and recording engineers, of this quality from that era are quite rare.  The continuity and dedication to preservation of the original recording, Nimbus, through digitization even more so.  A small prick of light we can take up in the original thread if you so wish.

5 hours ago, rando said:

Bescol was a budget label owned by Bernie Solomon, formerly of Everest records.  The recordings on this disc from 1990 were made using the original 35mm Bert Whyte masters of the 1959 LSO  Beethoven cycle in Walthamstow Assembly Hall conducted by Joseph Krips.  

MI0001001448.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Sorry, I couldn't resist after reading this yesterday.  Recordings, and recording engineers, of this quality from that era are quite rare.  The continuity and dedication to preservation of the original recording, Nimbus, through digitization even more so.  A small prick of light we can take up in the original thread if you so wish.

I would like to highly recommend Josef Krips' Beethoven circle (around 1960) from Everest on 35mm tape. It is available in amazing, pristine SQ in 24/192.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:53 PM, EuroChamp said:

I would like to highly recommend Josef Krips' Beethoven circle (around 1960) from Everest on 35mm tape. It is available in amazing, pristine SQ in 24/192.

That little tidbit was going to be my party piece when he pointed to the standard PCM resolution compact disc.

Marking the second time this week listening to Symphonic Dances from West Side Story.  The, in most years, rarely performed arrangement for two pianos was the standout.

mbid-81636f60-1ead-4ab7-9e8d-5846b90884b

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Enjoying the fact that Chandos has very recently decided to join the streaming club. 

CH10931.jpg

In-flight enterntainment doesn’t get much better. 

This now triggered a formal review. I've now listened to this album 4 times in 3 days.

https://musicophilesblog.com/2018/01/14/schuberts-string-quartet-no-15-by-the-doric-string-quartet-outstanding/