44 minutes ago, accwai said:

Louis-Claude Daquin: Livre de Noëls

Vincent Boucher

MI0003808685.jpg

Album of Christmas evening :)

Inspired by this, one more to end the day...

Noëls à l'orgue - Rene Saorgin

Folder.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

A single unedited live performance committed to disc for release has a nice ring to it, I feel.  No splicing or phantom instruments (:mad: still a bit red faced over that one) to disrupt natural enjoyment of the music.  Or so one would hope.

Cover_LSO0295_LSO0795_3000px_1024x1024.j

Speaking of shame faced admissions.  A  good used copy of Ketelbey's "In a Monastery Garden"  has evaded me.  I'm not happy about partaking of "Ambrosian" anything.  There were moments of regret involved with listening to what is otherwise very fine music on this album as well.

ketpm_fr.jpeg

0002894830258_600.jpg

Cominh back to this album over and over again. The piano transcription by Busoni of the Chaconne is one of my all time favorite piano pieces by now. Spectacular.

see also my review: https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/09/30/oops-he-did-it-again-benjamin-grosvenor-with-another-great-album/