On 10/25/2017 at 3:40 PM, Guidof said:

cover.thumb.jpg.349aa7b4889f4af87573d7545c64d11e.jpg

Glazunov, Balakirev, Liadov: Tone Poems. Very fine playing by L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande under Ernest Ansermet.

Remarkably good sound from a VERY early stereo recording (1954), in fact the very first DECCA stereo recording. A 24/96 HD Tape Transfers download.

Wonderful recording. I have had it for two weeks and listened probably 5 times...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

A swinging and sunny Saturday morning with Ray Brown:

r-4340755-1362244590-4819-jpeg.jpg

See my review here: https://musicophilesblog.com/2017/10/28/ray-brown-3-dimensional-swinging-like-crazy/

Love this album as well as the other Concord sides that Ray Brown and Gene Harris played on.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

An old favorite, newly remastered at 96/24.  (Sounds great!)  Worth it for Helen Donath's gorgeously sung "He shall feed his flock" alone.

HandelMessiah-Richter.thumb.jpg.fd175f0cf06fee051625a3946e91c11d.jpg

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Émile Sauret: Études-Caprices, Op. 64, Nos. 1-7

Nazrin Rashidova

MI0004273473.jpg

O.o Dazzling technical virtuosity of etudes (studies) combined with emotional depth of caprices. Highly recommended for aficionados of violin music. This is the first volume in Naxos' complete Sauret Op. 64 series. *Really* looking forward to the remaining releases.

81M-tOH53uL._SL1500_.jpg

As expected this was very enjoyable, and generous of them to send it all the way from the UK.  There is much good music to be discovered outside the recapitulations of the majors.  Save five, every piece of music and composer was new to me.  Very glad I chose to open it and discover it was most certainly not another Rapha mailing.

cover.thumb.jpg.c8d243c92df70c147c47dafaab55c95d.jpg

Mozart: Horn Concertos - Bassoon Concerto. Played with polish by Louis-Philippe Marsolais (horn) and Mathieu Lussier (bassoon) with Les Violons du Roy.

Very good sound (especially the soloists) from a 24/96 Qobuz download.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I feel so audiophile tonight. Haven't listened to this album in ages, but really enjoying it tonight. I'm listening to the FIM version that my friend Paul Stubblebine remastered. 

Screenshot_20171031-214758.png

weird serendipity. Am listening to this tonight as well for only the second time, as I can remember. I have the SACD "un-mastered" release by Gus Skinas.

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I feel so audiophile tonight. Haven't listened to this album in ages, but really enjoying it tonight. I'm listening to the FIM version that my friend Paul Stubblebine remastered. 

Screenshot_20171031-214758.png

Damn ... not on Qobuz !!

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

A new recording of the Trout quartet was just released with two superstars, Mutter and Trifonov:

0002894797573_600.jpg

See my review here: https://musicophilesblog.com/2017/11/05/a-new-trout-quartet-recording-with-daniil-trifonov-and-anne-sophie-mutter-very-enjoyable/

I like some Mutter's recordings, she is controversial for many, but very good for me. Superstar? Maybe. But Trifonov? He needs to develop some kind of a backbone in addition to nice sonorities before he could be crowned with such titles. Imho, of course.

32 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I like some Mutter's recordings, she is controversial for many, but very good for me. Superstar? Maybe. But Trifonov? He needs to develop some kind of a backbone in addition to nice sonorities before he could be crowned with such titles. Imho, of course.

Regarding Mutter, at least in Europe, she was a guaranteed seller for DG for many years (not that number of records sold necessarily equals quality obviously). 

For Trifonov, agree he is no Gilels yet, but I've been consistently impressed with his recordings so far (even though I don't care for Gergiev´s reorchestration of the Chopin concertos). Among the pianists under 30, he (together with Igor Levit) is among the most promising artists out there, and I've seen the term superstar used by others (e.g. here: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/reviews/daniil-trifonov-barbican-review-pianist-russian-a7541256.html). 

But as usual, YMMV