35 minutes ago, rando said:

@Cornan, you may have missed the wandering conversation this image came from.  I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on "Anna Of The North - The Dreamer" in regards to it.  Not an attack or hidden setup to make you feel like there is a wrong answer merely by asking for an opinion.  

wzkJ0jl.jpg&key=42290478142cd07f0592daf3

Well yes, this conversation have passed me by. A quick looking back a bunch of posts I´ll guess it is all about using lovely covers as "false" advertising, right?

I am all for great looking covers (apparently from the vinyl generation), especially when they capture the sense of the music. I think you should be able to know what kind of music to expect before you even start listening. I would´nt put Anna of the North in that category though, even if she do look very lost and lonely as so many does these days! ;) 

🎛️  Audio System  

Wow, you didn't have to go all LDS normcore on us.  x-D  This is the correct art for the song in video you posted.  Much more in keeping with the photo I referred to.

R-8297558-1458864971-6835.jpeg.jpg

Came into this one expecting higher DR and a lower key performance such as I envisioned above.  Apparently others agree this effort escaped the forced stream of effluent drock escaping the major labels.  Better yet the remaster effectively uses cues that could be expected to be gained from improved musicianship to improve on memories of it.  Rather than imparting qualities not present in the original.  

R-3963109-1413585905-2114.jpeg.jpg

12 minutes ago, rando said:

Wow, you didn't have to go all LDS normcore on us.  x-D  This is the correct album art for the video you posted.  Much more in keeping with the photo I referred to.

R-8297558-1458864971-6835.jpeg.jpg

Came into this one expecting higher DR and a lower key performance such as I envisioned above.  Apparently others agree this effort escaped the forced stream of effluent drock escaping the major labels.  Better yet the remaster effectively uses cues gained from improved musicianship to improve on memories of it.  Rather than imparting qualities not present in the original.  

R-3963109-1413585905-2114.jpeg.jpg

*Haha• I did'nt realize it was the wrong one. I only had one album avaiable on Tidal (the one posted), but since I had problems copy and past the album link I took the first good sounding Youtube video thinking it was from her "only" album. Apparently not! ? 

🎛️  Audio System  

30 minutes ago, rando said:

Construction shaking the building multiple hours straight called for hard rock today.  This has by far been the most laughable selection in this kick.  Kids these days couldn't find the energy to carry around heavy leather and chains much less for psychotic amounts of head banging wearing it.    

6f7464bc-10c0-410b-ad9c-0c6f7afbce3a?w=1

Good choice! Before seeing your selection I was reading your post and couldn't help but think of Judas Priest but Guns N Roses is about as non-audiophile as Rob and company. 

Small admission.  I'd forgotten, or never knew, a person of no small importance here developed unflappable devotion to a musical concern I may have recently chastised.  Same also reprinted a book excerpt on the obligatory "Here's a Red Snapper for your red snapper" moment in the following selection's legend.  

I only note all of this due to the repulsive instinctual reaction produced by the Pietro Antonio Rotari painting cropped to fit onto the cover of a very fine Bach Flute Sonatas album (not the expected recording by Jean-Pierre Rampal).  This following an extensive tour of local road projects by way of a Greek cabbie who had chosen to subject me to blaring synth and auto-tune heavy Christian pop music.  Contradictions aplenty.  

I foresee exclusively choosing selections like this one over heroin enriched tales of scuzzy bitches or emanating a fug of hatred and anger from my speakers.

ed51cd1a619eb242c6dd4b75e8ec293e.jpg

8 hours ago, rando said:

Small admission.  I'd forgotten, or never knew, a person of no small importance here developed unflappable devotion to a musical concern I may have recently chastised.  Same also reprinted a book excerpt on the obligatory "Here's a Red Snapper for your red snapper" moment in the following selection's legend.  

I only note all of this due to the repulsive instinctual reaction produced by the Pietro Antonio Rotari painting cropped to fit onto the cover of a very fine Bach Flute Sonatas album (not the expected recording by Jean-Pierre Rampal).  This following an extensive tour of local road projects by way of a Greek cabbie who had chosen to subject me to blaring synth and auto-tune heavy Christian pop music.  Contradictions aplenty.  

I foresee exclusively choosing selections like this one over heroin enriched tales of scuzzy bitches or emanating a fug of hatred and anger from my speakers.

ed51cd1a619eb242c6dd4b75e8ec293e.jpg

I must admit I understood only about 10% of your post, but I'm definitely going to check out a new Angela Hewitt Bach album. 

On 9/13/2017 at 1:36 PM, Musicophile said:

In the meantime, going back to the standards (quite literally):

0060254730119_600.jpg

Standards Vol. 2, streaming from Qobuz in 24/192.

Speaking of jazz pianists, Terry Gross of "Fresh Air" interviewed Fred Hersch on NPR last night in my neck of the woods.

http://Good Things Happen Slowly

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.