516qnGA+SHL._SS500.jpg

5134SEtB8LL._SS500.jpg

A trip down memory lane... this is some of the best rock ever... and that's saying a lot when you consider the all time greats of rock.

But all said and done GNR made some great music, nevermind all the non-political correctness by today's standards. 

Don't Cry still gets me humming, November Rain is a guilty pleasure, especially the video, Garden Of Eden  is still such a blast, and I can still rock to Axl and Slash... wow so many memories.

This double album by GNR comes highly recommended, especially given that it's been over 25 years and the music is still powerful and enjoyable.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

36 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I don't meditate but listening to the Goldbergs on a regular basis is my form of switching off. 

Well, you certainly can't meditate listening to Glenn Gould's version with his irritating humming along.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 minute ago, AnotherSpin said:

After you meditate for a some time nothing irritates you.

Touche.  Maybe we can get some of the more excitable guys here on CA into some training.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

20 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

After you meditate for a some time nothing irritates you.

Even Russian conductors/musicians that support Putin? :)

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

There would be much less great piano music without humming pianists.

However it's interesting that players of other instruments don't hum that often. Have you guys heard a humming vibraphonist or a guitar player.?

One thing is certain - one humming instrumentalist in a band rules out other potential hummers in the same band.. Imagine a whole humming orchestra or a big band.. :D

24 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

There would be much less great piano music without humming pianists.

However it's interesting that players of other instruments don't hum that often. Have you guys heard a humming vibraphonist or a guitar player.?

One thing is certain - one humming instrumentalist in a band rules out other potential hummers in the same band.. Imagine a whole humming orchestra or a big band.. :D

Tennis players make lot of noises. Weight lifters too. 

On 8/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, Musicophile said:

I don't meditate but listening to the Goldbergs on a regular basis is my form of switching off. 

Today, one of the absolute best versions out there, just perfect:

51KXih0Vi8L.jpg

Though I own it, I think I've only listend to it once and not actually til the end. A little too cute for me, and I couldn't stand his adornments. The '81 Gould will always be the perfect version to me. Andrei Gavrilov's version is another favorite.

Here's mine:

10-years-solo-live-4-cd-box-set.jpg.thumb.png.18b2b6863e52956a27029105052f9b14.png