Mahler 9th, Bernstein and Karajan. The same orchestra, Berliner Philharmoniker, the same time. Leaving aside ideology (you know what I mean) just two interpretations. Tight, straightforward, super-controlled, every note used, paranoic precise version from Karajan. Convincing? Maybe. Airy, free-breathing, spacey, slightly sloppy sad Bernstein. Musical? Probably so.

3 hours ago, Klavier said:
Suites No. 3 and 5. Lovely.

51UZjkBw%2B0L.jpg

Prompted by your earlier post, I just received mine. Lovely, indeed

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

6 minutes ago, Klavier said:

Extraordinary playing and excellent sound.

2867104ce98a4e5526dbb9c8dc5f800f-1466120

Here is an amusing bit of artistry...

One Guitar, Four Hands

One Guitar, Six Hands!

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Bought this today (download). The Violin Concerto is pretty good--the poor violinist plays for 28 solid minutes. For this sort of piece, though, I prefer the Schoenberg Violin Concerto. Had to turn off "Antiphon," and haven't been moved to play "Insel Der Sirenen" yet.

81afw%2B46CyL._SL429_.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

21 hours ago, Musicophile said:

A beautiful new chamber recording featuring little known Czech works:

0099925422721_600.jpg

Beautifully played. 

See my review here:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2017/07/29/the-suk-quintets-new-recording-beautiful/

Very nice and thanks, I will add this to my limited library. What I have enjoyed discovering was this compilation...

Czech Chamber Music - Domus Ensemble

51snS4OgoTL._SY355_.jpg

41bG3hsJFeL.jpg

It is very interesting though. Please help me to understand. There is parallel thread in a forum, where people tell you should delete copies of CD if you part with polycarbonate piece because of the ethic and rule of law. But, people seem to be quite blind and deaf to the fact that in the very centre of Europe around 15 thous of people were killed and who knows how much people were displaced after their houses were destroyed or raided by russians and their collaborants. Lets go back to the music and beautiful voices.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, Klavier said:

Extraordinary playing and excellent sound.

2867104ce98a4e5526dbb9c8dc5f800f-1466120

Did you got the download from Brazil?

With mine had several issues, like the ZIP file was corrupted and have to repair it, after a lot of intents and finish with the las track unreadable by the music player !!

Thanks,

Roch

2 hours ago, elcorso said:

Did you got the download from Brazil?

With mine had several issues, like the ZIP file was corrupted and have to repair it, after a lot of intents and finish with the las track unreadable by the music player !!

Thanks,

Roch

Yes, I did, but mine was flawless! Sorry you had a problem. Someone else mentioned a problem with their tagging, but this one works fine with JRiver MC22 software. My other purchase from them was a CD, so it obviously had no such issues! I do plan to order the 10-string Bach recording soon, most likely a file, so wish me luck!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22