^ That Gabrielli recording was my first hi-res purchase--stunning in every way!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

On the TT this morning. Zimerman plays these with commanding sweep and virtuosity--probably my favorite version now. Sound is quite good, too.

R-4834075-1487481973-9308.jpeg.jpg

Yes, it's an LP, not a computer file, but it's still an album!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

No.21 and 23. Rather brisk tempos for the outer movements, but these are thrilling performances. Great sound--near analog warmth.

51zxW5knXfL._SS500.jpg

5 hours ago, BacHolz said:

My favorite work by these artists is this deluxe, two disc set. Sadly, it is out of print - the last one was sold a few days before I placed my order, I've been graces with my copy by a friend in the Netherlands.

Domenico Gabrielli: La Nascita del Violoncello

MI0003316682.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

They are asking for it US$200.- in Amazon US !!!

Roch

Holy crap, this album is awesome! Can't believe I've never heard it before. Listening to the deluxe version via Tidal.

atfillmoreeast2.jpg

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
6 hours ago, Klavier said:

On the TT this morning. Zimerman plays these with commanding sweep and virtuosity--probably my favorite version now. Sound is quite good, too.

R-4834075-1487481973-9308.jpeg.jpg

Yes, it's an LP, not a computer file, but it's still an album!

I just wondered why I had never heard of this album before, being a Brahms and Zimerman fan. 

Turns out Zimerman apparently asked for this album to be withdrawn, as he wasn't happy with the performance. 

That doesn't mean it's not a good recording, Zimerman is known to be a perfectionist. 

I heard that, too, but it also involved the 2 or 3-CD of Brahms that DG released. I certainly don't hear any flawed playing. It certainly is intense--perhaps he thought too much so? 

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I just wondered why I had never heard of this album before, being a Brahms and Zimerman fan. 

Turns out Zimerman apparently asked for this album to be withdrawn, as he wasn't happy with the performance. 

That doesn't mean it's not a good recording, Zimerman is known to be a perfectionist. 

I am pretty much sure DG published these recordings in later CD format.

5 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Holy crap, this album is awesome! Can't believe I've never heard it before. Listening to the deluxe version via Tidal.

atfillmoreeast2.jpg

When you decide you really like it you can get the 6 CD version of the "The 1971 Fillmore East Concerts" like some of the rest of us...:D

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

cover.thumb.jpg.3ce2b93fb95ec6abdf05290605ee313d.jpg

Shostakovich: Piano Sonata no. 2, 24 Preludes op. 34, Aphorisms. A nicely varied program. Fine playing by Irina Chukovskaya.

Excellent piano sound from a 24/44.1 Qobuz download.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

+1 for the DSCH, bought the disc a few weeks ago, worth every penny.

Now listening to RichterWTK.thumb.jpg.63415444ccf231a8a0287f5e81c78844.jpg

One of my desert-island-discs. I have a lot of WTK, but this one rules.

also listened to Boulez, Mahler 2, time flies listening to this music:

Mahler2.thumb.jpg.e41035119d935aae6e174bec2ab91844.jpg

The latest arrival: Allison Brewser Franzetti. Worth checking out, nice music, well played.

brewster.thumb.jpg.c24b360d917213931156950f375854b8.jpg

Gorgeous...Listening to  on Tidal.  Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

On 6/18/2017 at 2:47 AM, Bob Stern said:

Robert von Bahr outdid himself in his summary of today's half-price special:

"Diego Blanco ... was incredibly popular, including with my then wife, with whom he made a number of albums and one daughter."

This tongue in cheek e-classical deal of the day lead in penned by RvB came to mind when I ran across the name Gunilla von Bahr last night.  Of particular interest here is both versions of the Rautavaara works commissioned for her (original for 4 types of flute and revised modern edition forgoing bass flute).  

4980608-origpic-72bebd.jpg   

Here is RvB presenting a copy of the disc to Rautavaara shortly before his passing (and a short article on the history of BIS it was included in).

Bahr-Rautavaara-RvB.jpg

On 7/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, Musicophile said:

Back to non Russia related topics: 

On of my favorite Jazz trios from Germany:

IMG_0023.jpg

see also here:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2017/05/26/triosences-latest-album-hidden-beauty-a-review/

Thanks for this, I'm now enjoying "Turning Point".

turningpoint_cover.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.