• 2 weeks later...

I have been lucky tonight, Amarra has decided to play trouble free...

So, I have listened to:

Madeleine Peyroux, Bare Bones

Wailing Jennys, Live At The Mauch Chunk Opera House

Jane Monheit, Home

and

Diana Krall, Live In Paris

without a hiccup...

No electron left behind.

Norah Jones, Not Too Late. One of my mis-ripped files, but still sounding great through the Amarra 2.4, full version. I find it to perform MUCH better than HiFi despite Sonic Studios proclamations that all the various editions share the same sound engine. Also, so far it has not once stopped playing music like HiFi does on a regular basis.

norah.png

No electron left behind.

I moved on to a correctly ripped file, Jane Monheit, Taking A Chance On Love.

Sounds wonderful through Amarra 2.4

Ms. Monheit has a beautiful voice with such delicate and subtle nuance and Amarra is really playing it back with all that intact. Enthralling would be a good word for it.

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 10.24.24 PM.png

No electron left behind.

Speaking of Sweet Baby James...

I bought 30 CDs today at my local record store, one of them was a gold CD copy of Sweet Baby James. It won't rip, the CD is see through when held up to the light. Very odd, I have never seen that before.

Anyway, this is one of the other CDs I bought today.

winehouse.png

No electron left behind.

Dowdy Ferry Road - England Dan & John Ford Coley

The 70s again. This was pop music yes, but good pop music. I listened to this album a lot. Even performed a few songs from this, mostly Soldier In The Rain and Falling Stars. The last track is a really big surprise and will please a lot of classical music lovers, as well as those of us who grew up with an eye to end war, live in peace, and save the planet. In other words, the 1960 and 1970s.

Don't miss Holocaust, whatever else you do. These boys were really good musicians.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]775[/ATTACH]

Also, ignore the play counts. If digital files did degrade, these would be worn completely out!

Paul, have you tried playlist mode? It does do gapless perfectly. IMO it sounds even a bit better too.

No electron left behind.

Hi Doc -

Yeah, it is just way more trouble to use, as I almost always use an iPad or iPhone to select the music.

If they ever get gapless working, it be expensive for me, as I will have to replace the remote units (SBTs and AEs) with Mac Minis and Amarra licenses. I can give up synchronized playback for that quality.

I am hoping Scott can corner them about this subject out at The Show this week. ;)

He will either have an answer, or a really good post filled with his usual descriptiveness of their inability to answer him, and why...

;)

No electron left behind.