• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, rando said:

Quite recently I've been struggling to unlock a concise line of thought carried through a local release.  The existence of old world influence in MN is often at odds with a dearth of fresh ideas overflowing in NY or LA reaching this far inland.  The sea that is ever present in Nordic music, and much from the Romantic countries, is no less conspicuously absent.  Yet I'm not aware of anywhere else in North America the larger musical institutions challenge convention and safety as modernly.  As if a peaceful dissentient element washes in through some natural means other than study.  Nowhere on the order of energy vortices.  Still, unique to say the least.  x-D

I reread this several times, and I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say. I assume it's about Osmo and the Minnesota Orchestra? And I think it's a compliment?

I'm a big fan of these guys. Hoping to make it out to Minneapolis at some point to catch a performance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul R said:

A recommendation in another topic led me to tonights really enjoyable recording. (Thank you Austinpop. ) 

I didn't catch but perhaps one word in every ten though.  The title and track, Vande Mataram means something like "I bow to thee mother". The song is from a 19th century Bengali poem of the same name. I do not even begin to understand all the threads that make up what this song means to people from India, but it is inextricably tied up with their struggle for freedom in the 20th century. On this album, _Vande Mataram_ is also sung by A. R. Rahman. 

The last track, _Maa Tujhe Salaam_ hold a worlds record for being performed in the most languages - 277 different languages to be exact, and according to Wikipedia. The title means something like "I Salute You Mother India!"  and, so far as I can tell, is a sweet little song saying that India is home and the best place to be. Very patriotic! 

The Roon blurb speaks of the album being intended to introduce international audiences to Indian music, and if so, I would say it is a success. 

I forgot to listen for the recording aspects, because I got lost in the music. 

735760520_ScreenShot2019-02-26at9_46_18PM.thumb.png.6c9823a7a40f478564ff8ada670715cf.png

So glad you enjoyed it! Rahman is truly a joy. My favorite track is Revival.