• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/17/2011 at 2:02 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I recently started listening to one complete album from start to finish every evening. It's really great to sit down, no Internet, no phone, no iPhone, no i-anything and close my evening out with uninterrupted music. There's nothing like closing out each day on a great note, no pun intended.

I want to start this thread for people interested in doing the same thing. Listening to an album every evening and posting simply the artist and album information. Doesn't have to be a picture or the cover or a link or anything. It's more about enjoying this wonderful hobby.

I'll start with my Album of the Evening for tonight:

Artist: Boston

Album: Boston

Wow this is crazy. I had an itch to post to this thread tonight and I’m listening to the same album I kicked the thread off with. 

Boston. 

7D0C6F21-7911-4F4D-97C0-F22F3D3B3A02.jpeg

50210149-AD14-4625-B354-41BA96C45B70.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, crenca said:

I decided to join you this evening, streaming on Tidal right now as I don't own very much classic rock at all.  You know, I am not sure I have played this album in 20 or so years.  I am pleasantly surprised my high end/resolving HP rig is not butchering it.  "all I want is to have my peace of mind"  LOL!

Brad Delp’s vocals are amazing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, austinpop said:

Just stumbled on this in Qobuz new releases. It's a very interesting and ambitious project by Jordi Savall et al.

image.png

I'm still working through it and really enjoying it, although the narration isn't particularly pleasing.

Do you see this one in Qobuz? I can only find it in Tidal.

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/aolaruz6linqc

But this is on the UK site. I'm not seeing it on the US site.

Since this is a new release, I wonder what is keeping them from adding it to the US site simultaneously, especially since Tidal US has it, suggesting no issue with the label. 

@David Craff Any idea when this will come to Qobuz USA?

16 minutes ago, Melvin said:

spacer.png

I heard about this talented singer-songwriter only recently. Along with Dylan (his inspiration) I hear an essence of Tracy Chapman in his vocals. Kenyan-born and self-taught, he's living the American dream. Highly recommended for those who enjoy folk/Americana.

Great stuff. Wrote about it in my recent Auralic Vega G1 review.