thread Chris!

This evenings full album was:

Natacha Atlas' "Mounqaliba, in a state of reversal"

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Willy DeVille "(Live)" -- a great album musically and sonically.

I listened to "Layla" from beginning to end earlier this week.

But after an album finishes I find it difficult to stop listening. Last night I spent 90 minutes playing "just one more track."

- Mark B

Mac Mini, Pure Music, iTunes, Lynx Hilo, Merrill Taranis amp, Seta Piccola phono preamp, Phil Jones Platinum Reference One speakers, Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

The way things work at my house, the only time I have to myself is early in the morning. Because my "listening room" is far from the bedrooms, I'm able to listen without disturbing my partner, and I usually listen to an album or two before he gets up and about.

This morning, it's the Bolling Suite No. 2 for Flute and Jazz Piano trio, original recording with Bolling and Rampal. Very charming.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

At home in Piemonte - Sippin' n' chillin!

Brut spumante + James Blake (James Blake) + a few good friends

Aah, Italia

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Or in English, District 13: Ultimatum

I loved this soundtrack in the movie, and my darling wife ordered an imported CD of the soundtrack for Father's Day. It's in French, and sort of electronic oriented, but utterly fantastic music, and well engineered too. I even like the psuedo-rap tracks on it.

As a side benefit, if you want to learn to cuss in French, the first track is a master's class. The very first time I have ever heard a phrase "bleeped" out on a CD.

But enjoyable despite the minor annoyance of some rude language in the first track. If you don't speak French it ain't gonna bother you anyway!

By the way, the movie is great too, as is the first one. Mindless, Luc Besson stuff, but utterly fun.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Anoushka Shankar & Karsh Kale: "Breathing Under Water"

on a only semi-related note, I am still reverberating from last Monday evening's performance of Peter Gabriel and the New Blood Orchestra at Red Rocks, outstanding in so many ways...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

HDNet showed a mini-concert of Judas Preist doing a live performance of their classic album "British Steel" from beginning to end. The occasion was the celebration of its 30-year anniversary.

WOW! Rob Halford and the boys tore it up. He's still got one of the best voices in the biz. This was a great performance of a classic album from the metal genre. Precision and power to perfection!

Rance

I was listening this morning to that album. I love his stuff and I have all three of his titles (at least I think three is all he has) including the newest available as a high res download at HD Tracks.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa