Joni Mitchell: Court and Spark HDtracks DL 192/24 AIFF. 10% off on several titles. Have the redbook CD. Enjoying the DL and prefer the DL over the much older redbook CD which is not meant to denigratenthe SQ ofnthe redbook CD.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5932[/ATTACH]

What does "denigratenthe SQ ofnthe redbook" mean please? Denigratenthe is a new word to me, but I admit I frequently find your prose beyond me.

The DCC Gold CD has long been considered the best redbook version, I would be interested in how the 24/192 compares, and particularly - having been burned by Ladies Of The Canyon that Warners upsampled and padded - if it is a true hi-res transfer.

What does "denigratenthe SQ ofnthe redbook" mean please? Denigratenthe is a new word to me, but I admit I frequently find your prose beyond me.

The DCC Gold CD has long been considered the best redbook version, I would be interested in how the 24/192 compares, and particularly - having been burned by Ladies Of The Canyon that Warners upsampled and padded - if it is a true hi-res transfer.

Excuse the typos, All.

After listening to Court and Spark, the SQ I hear sounds as if it was upsampled and padded. I am guessing it is not a true hi-res transfer. But this assessment is only based on listening and the feel of it.

Best,

Richard

It's not obvious "denigrate" was the word Richard mistyped? Surely you're familiar with the word Robert.

Unless informed otherwise, I'm taking this as attempted humor.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Excuse the typos, All.

After listening to Court and Spark, the SQ I hear sounds as if it was upsampled and padded. I am guessing it is not a true hi-res transfer. But this assessment is only based on listening and the feel of it.

Best,

Richard

Useful info. Ladies Of The Canyon needed nothing but a decent pair of ears to realize it is not true hi-res, it has a certain allure initially, a clarity and clinicalness, but soon the digititis of it bears down and makes its origins apparent.

I will pass on Court & Spark, hopefully, some good company will take a crack at a SACD issue.

JonHopkins-Immunity_zpsedb2a799.jpg

breathtaking...

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Alex de Grassi:Special 19 Blue Coast Records DSD DSF 64 DL. Acoustic guitar at a premium price but I wanted some DSD recordings for my library. Very enjoyable. Would love to compare this album with its PCM mate, but that mean purchasing it twice. I believe my Dac upgrade needs more hours of play time to offer any assessment. And I enjoyed all ten (10) tracks.

Richard

image.jpg

Well suited for a relaxing Friday evening, a rarity in recent months to have any time at all.

Moments like this make me thrilled to have my system, though it has had little play I hope this is soon to change.

Cover_zps3869a6c8.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Uriah heep- demons and wizards

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

Bill Evans: The Solo Sessions Volume 2 XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. When Volume I delivered, how could Volume 2 not? Once again, just Bill Evans and me in my library. It doesn't get any better than that, except if he were alive and playing in my library. Bless him and the pleasure he offers every time I click play.

Enjoying what was now.

Richard

Bill Evans The Solo Sessions Volume 2.jpg

Bill Evans: Alone (Again). XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. The doctor prescribed more Bill Evans in my musical diet. So I played two and will...feel better already.

image.jpg

Art Lande: While She Sleeps Piano Lullabies Blue Coast Records DSD DSF 64 DL. Highly enjoyable and very expensive.

image.jpg

Enjoying the music,

Richard

genesis - selling England by the pound

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

Thanks for posting this Richard. I hadn't heard it before and now happily own it and "Kiss In A Shadow" as well.

Melvin,

Ah, You are one step ahead of me. I was just about to select Kiss In A Shadow as my buy one get one free choice from Blue Coast Records (of equal or lesser value). (OK Chris, to make note of this here at CA?) I was auditioning both DSD DSF 64 recordings; and discovered I enjoyed them both. Fortunately, I was "in time" to get one free with a purchase. Glad you are enjoying both. Still believe you are hacking into my collection, although I have ignored Ms. Winehouse (may she rest in peace). Now, I'll open up and listen to her.

Enjoy the music which we both seem to share nearly 99.99% of the time, not that is a condition for enjoyment. And stop hacking into my collection ;>}

Best,

Richard