Had serious doubts coming into this one.  To quote from an Amazon review found looking for album cover online

Why? Whose bad idea was this?

In the period 1955 - '65 tens of thousands of kids across the USA played these pieces this badly, or perhaps less badly, myself among them. Ditto 10 years later, 20 years later, and 30 years later, when my own kids did so. Keane even makes the same mistakes at the same rough spots I did.

Whoever wrote the metronome/Hannon advice is spot-on. Hands separately, then together. Bring out the appropriate voices. (Listening) Please, God, make it stop hurting. This is *not* to be encouraged or repeated.

MI0001085687.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I am listening at this very moment to “The Luckiest Man” from Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters (48 kHz - 24bit). Even with apparent low DR, highly recommendable both on technical and musical quality (if you like blues of course)

71G9DosslrL.jpg

Even as a Mahler fanatic, the 10th symphony was not one I had paid much attention to. After all, it was incomplete, right? Oh, I had heard the Adagio, but the idea of someone else's extrapolation of the work was just not appealing. Well, all that changed last week, when I attended a performance with Donald Runnicles conducting the National Symphony at the Kennedy Center in DC. They did the Deryck Cooke version, and I was just blown away, both by the piece, and the performance.

Since then I've been looking for a good, modern, high-resolution recording, and decided to buy the 24/96 Dausgaard/Seattle. I'm a big fan of Dausgaard's Brahms symphony recording.

I just listened to it today and ... me likee. Since I have not heard other interpretations of the Mahler 10th/Cook, I can't say if there are better, but this one is definitely satisfying to this untrained ear.

Following on from a post by @bmoura I downloaded the Just Listen 1 Compilation off Native DSD.  Some files a few times after accidentally erasing them attempting conversions.  Most fun I've had listening to a single album over the course of a week.  Sat down and listened all the way through tonight.

JL001.jpg

6 minutes ago, rando said:

Following on from a post by @bmoura I downloaded the Just Listen 1 Compilation off Native DSD.  Some files a few times after accidentally erasing them attempting conversions.  Most fun I've had listening to a single album over the course of a week.  Sat down and listened all the way through tonight.

JL001.jpg

I'll tell Jared.  He will be pleased.  :)  Thanks!