I don't know if I can do it anymore. Computer audio may have spoiled me for that - to easy to switch if there is a track I don't like.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

British Folk Rock, from the B&W Society of Sound site. Very light, some strange lyrics, and it makes you hum along and smile, even the first time you listen to it.

Great stuff. :)

This is a very good idea Chris, and my wife thinks so too. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds.

Years ago, when I ditched the disc spinner, it's the only DVD-A I hung onto against just such a day when I could once again enjoy it in all its not-inconsiderable glory. The resulting 24/96 rip (new OS X beta of DVDAExtractor) just sounds bloody fantastic. Particularly the bonus a capella tracks at the end.

Nice thread, Chris. See you back here tomorrow night!

RS

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.

I sat and listened to Dylan's The Best of the Mono Recordings last night. I've loved Dylan for a long time but I didn't want to spring for the entire mono recordings; this one CD sounds awesome and fills out my collection nicely. The first song, Song to Woody, sets the stage nicely for the rest of the CD.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

This is one of my favorite albums. :)

-Paul

Ralph Towner - Icarus 3:37

Norman Blake & David Bromberg - B & B 4:20

John Mclaughlin - We Know You Know; Reverie For Mahavishnu

Jimi Hendrix - Pluck, Strum, & Hammer 4:20

Pat Methany - Home; Letter 3:30

Assad Duo - Uarekena 8:24

Steve Howe - Aire Para Un Dia (Mood For A Day) 4:18

Django Reinhardt - Gypsy Flower 6:03

Duane York - Pop 2:20

Los Romeros - El Baile De Luis Alonso 3:26

Michael Hedges - Lament & Wake 6:15

Frank Zappa - Let's Be Frank 6:35

Chet Atkins - Blue Echo / Country Gentleman 3:05

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein