I sat and listened to Dylan's The Best of the Mono Recordings last night. I've loved Dylan for a long time but I didn't want to spring for the entire mono recordings; this one CD sounds awesome and fills out my collection nicely. The first song, Song to Woody, sets the stage nicely for the rest of the CD.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

Le pas du chat noir, Anouar Brahem; totally great stuff for the evening (or anytime,:).

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

Love the Piano as well; great choice for evening listening.

Goldsdad: I've really been enjoying Anouar Brahem as well. I love this as well, Night Song, Ketil Bjørnstad. It's really more classical than jazz but a perfect CD for an evening.

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded Bob Holroyd Afterglow from Society of Sound; great ambient music to listen to before going to sleep.

@ ksjeff: Bill Evans complete village vanguard recordings is very fine.

I'm listening to Keith Jarret and Charlie Haden's Jasmine; great evening album.

@goldsdad & Sik: I'm looking forward to listening to Tord Gustavsen's Being There which should arrive tomorrow . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which I'm enjoying more tonight: And If, Anat Fort Trio (very mellow) or my new headphones, Beyerdynamic DT880, :)

• 3 weeks later...

Trio Medieval Folk Songs

Heinz Hollinger, Bach Concertos and Sinfonias for Oboe

• 2 weeks later...

Beethoven Symphony No. 9, Gunter Wand directing. Great recording and fun to listen through my cans at night.

Enjoying two new CDs I picked up from a bargain CD rack at the local bookstore (half the fun was finding them, the other half is enjoying them):

Oscar Peterson, Jazz Round Midnight

Stan Getz, The Essential Stan Getz

• 3 weeks later...

Brian Eno, The Pearl; really interesting (and different) music for the evening.

Wynton Marsalis, Standards & Ballads. I grew up in New Orleans and enjoyed watching Wynton and his brother Branford play with their dad Ellis back when they were in high school.

Brian Eno Ambient Music for Airports . . . .