Wonderful piano playing (imaginative ornaments in the repeats) and fantastic sound--a 24bit/96k download.MI0003320049.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

Oh no, still another Goldberg I have avoided for no good reason other than an attempt at reasonable control. I'm pleased really, just a bit too obsessive-compulsive about collecting them. Resistance is futile!

A sincere thanks and welcome aboard...

Thank you. I downloaded this quite a while ago and only briefly sampled until I played it in its entirety yesterday. I have at least 10-12 versions, this one being my only downloaded one, and it's becoming a favorite.

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

I recently bought the hi-res (24 bit/96k from ProStudioMasters) download of this beloved recording and made a quick A/B comparison to the CD. The download definitely sounds richer and less metallic than the CD, but not to the extent I was hoping to hear. Still, a worthwhile improvement, and now I can settle in for some fine listening.

00028947969150-cover-225.jpg

Unfortunately DG never was a label that was known for their recording excellence. I had the same experience for several of the high res remasters from the period (e.g. Pollini's legendary Chopin Etudes. At least you. Know with the remaster that you have something pretty close to the original master. I only recently discovered for myself how good Pollini's original Beethoven cycle was. I listened to his new recordings released in the last couple of years on DG again and was pretty disappointed. The previous recordings are way better to my ears (musically that is, not SQ).

DG is getting better--Daniil Trifonov's astonishing new recording of Liszt's complete Etudes sounds great. Perahia's new Bach French Suites is a little distant-sounding for my taste, but it still captures a rich, full piano tone.

I have looked everywhere for a copy of this Gabrielli CD (the birth of the cello) (or download). Seems unavailable everywhere, unless you're willing to spend $120. Bummer...

I had trouble finding it for a decent price, too. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the site where I downloaded it! (It was a year or two ago.) At the time, I was a dedicated "silver disc" player and I just didn't pay enough attention to the name--sorry! For what it's worth, every recording I have on that label has both fantastic playing and sound. (All of the others are CDs.)

I started with Symphony No.1 in this new (to me) set. A very powerful performance captured in vivid sound--a 24 bit/96k HDTracks download.51B47R90r4L._SS500.jpg

I second my thanks as well. They may see a small spike in sales.

I just noticed that shipping to Seattle is $14.95 or $0 for "Collect on site". Frankly I don't understand this choice. Any advice?

Not a deal breaker but it's become a $38 purchase. Considering the lack of options, it's worth it those of us interested.

Again, who understands "Collect on site"? Sounds like COD.

Yikes--that's highway robbery! I wish I could remember the name of the site where I downloaded my 24/96 version. It wasn't HD, E-classical, or ProStudio Masters--that much I recall.

The Rzewski today. Wow, Levit plays this viciously demanding piece even more compellingly than does Marc-Andre Hamelin. Better sound, too.81j1FwWeZsL._SY355_.jpg

Growing to like this Goldberg. Would love to have this on SACD.

The 24 bit 96k sounds pretty good, though. I prefer David Jalbert's performance a bit more, but Levit's is quite good--just more middle of the road.

Thx, will check out HDtracks. But there's something strangely fun, tangible, pleasant with SACD discs :-)

Oh, believe me, I know. I just recently started buying hi-res files on a regular basis. I've always been a staunch "silver disc" man, but I'm running out of storage space, so my wife tells me, thus I'm turning to downloads. I plan to buy SACDs rather than files, but if RBCDs are available in higher than CD resolution file, then I will buy the files.

Spectacular playing and very good sound. It's nice to hear pieces that have not been recorded hundreds of times!

71XHkNO7aFL._SL500_.jpg71Zkmk7vhKL._SL500_.jpg

I should explore more of Vivaldi and to that end...

I have some of the cello sonatas here

Vivaldi: Six Cello Sonatas

Christophe Coin with Christopher Hogwood

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33228[/ATTACH]

Recently, I am delighted to have added this to my library.

Vivaldi: Cello Sonatas Nos. 1-9, RV39-47

Julius Berger with Stefan Johannes Bleicher (organ)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33229[/ATTACH]

I am loving the organ as continuo.

I highly recommend Rachael Podger's series on Channel Classics:

71Pm9lT5TSL._SL300_.jpg71vSallsE6L._SL300_.jpg51H-Kld3IGL.jpg

A beautiful discovery of quite unknown Italian composers, streamed from Qobuz:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33320[/ATTACH]

Worth checking out.

Bologna 1666 | Compositeurs Divers par Kammerorchester BaselÂ*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Looks interesting, but Qobuz isn't available to US residents. Guess I'll have to make do with the CD!