Now listening to Kamasi Washington. Great music.

kamasi washington.jpg

+1 for the DSCH, bought the disc a few weeks ago, worth every penny.

Now listening to RichterWTK.thumb.jpg.63415444ccf231a8a0287f5e81c78844.jpg

One of my desert-island-discs. I have a lot of WTK, but this one rules.

also listened to Boulez, Mahler 2, time flies listening to this music:

Mahler2.thumb.jpg.e41035119d935aae6e174bec2ab91844.jpg

The latest arrival: Allison Brewser Franzetti. Worth checking out, nice music, well played.

brewster.thumb.jpg.c24b360d917213931156950f375854b8.jpg

Friday evening, classical music and "difficult" jazz is out of bounds in our little menagerie, it has to be hard bop, cool jazz, blues, soul, etc. I came across this beauty on Stereophile.

prayer for peace.jpg

Hello music-lovers,

Now listening to 

somethin.jpg

Was in the city this morning, and thought: " let's visit the music store" . Wrong, wrong, stupid, stupid, :-). Bought this to lovely discs:bluesintime.jpg

turrentine.jpg

PS: I bought - not exactly computer-audiophile-istic... the black discs... happily spinning on my Rega tt... 

Bought this album today. Great music, great sound, buy with confidence.

ma_ax_kakvakos.jpg

My choice this evening: (and one of my " discoveries" this year:

pikespeak.jpg

Did some shopping today. Listening now to this new arrival.

American_Clarinet_HMU907508.jpg

This time it is " album of the morning" . Want to go out cycling this morning, but is windy and wet outside (it's raining cats and dogs, actually). Listening to great music is a nice replacement.

javier_perianes.jpg

Hello Musicophile,

Thanks for sharing. I am new to this music of Mendelssohn, but I like it a lot. It's great music.

Kind Regards, WAM

+1. I am a great admirer of Perahia's Bach. So I am curious to hear about his Beethoven (my favorite Beethoven cycles: Kempff, Gilels).

Perhaps not 'album of the evening' , but track of the evening: now listening to Bach's BWV 848, comparing the eight versions I own. Richter and Tureck rule... But Pollini, Janssen and Fellner are also good. And what's wrong with Hewitt? Just avoid Gould... 

Happy listening, cheers! (Pint of the evening: Chimay blue).

Hello Musicophile,

Listened to Perahia's Beethoven in the car yesterday. Read your blog (I like it :)). It's on the "greed-list".

Started the day with his French Suites, I keep returning to these discs (it's one of my favorite Bach recordings). Every music lover should listen to Bach, and Perahia is not a bad choice to start with.

We played a lot of music today (Schubert/Harnoncourt, Art Pepper (+Eleven), BB King), but the disc of the day is:

Folder.jpg

I am a WTk-addict. And Rosalyn Tureck's version is becoming a favorite. It does not surpass Richter (my ears, my taste, ymmv), but I am getting curious about her DG studio recordings (an opinion, anyone?).

Folder.jpg