John Pizzarelli, Midnight McCartney, Pro Studio Masters, 44.1/24, AIFF. Zowie! I am a fan of John. The songs of Paul McCartney as covered by Pizzarelli. The SQ is superb. Been getting acquainted with roon/AsQ+wiRC. Just gorgeous. Using AsQ+'s EQ 13 filters along with iRC. Highly recommended. Still love Amarra Symphony with iRC and can now enjoy roon et al. This is probably not the thread to restate that on my system UpTone Audio JS-2/MMK/Regen (only one is needed) + two (2) AQJB, one for the LightSpeed, one for the empty USB output next door, and while other's report this and that. Play this album (TIDAL HIFI?) and find your synergy. Just terrific. Michael McDonald joins John on track 4. Just my cup of Jazz...

Enjoy the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20977[/ATTACH]

I saw John perform this material at Birdland just awhile back. My Valentine done in the bossanova style was superb!

Glad you enjoyed it. I have seen this trio 2 times in the past year, once in Philly at Chris' (Christian is one of Philly's own) and at The Jazz Standard in NYC. This release really captures the trio. yes, they are great fun and great players. I checked out your blog and can recommend all of the oscar Peterson tril recordings with Ray Brown and Ed Thigpen. They are great and sound excellent as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22151[/ATTACH]

Ben Webster / Tete Montoliu - Gentle Ben.

Just reviewed on my blog: Gentle Ben – Ben Webster & Tete Montoliu | musicophilesblog – From Keith Jarrett to Johannes Brahms

Very nice album to be sure. I have it in DSD64 from Superhighrez. Ben Webster is my favorite tenor. No one (IMHO) played like him. If you dig him, check out Jim Tomlinson who is the husband and music director for Stacey Kent. I have seen him live a couple of times and he plays a lot like Ben. Probably the closest as anyone around today. Superb. Scott Hamilton is in the same vein as well.

• 1 month later...

Eva Cassidy Nightbird, the 20th Anniversary compilation of the entire 1996 Blues Alley performance. Over 30 tracks with 8 of them previously unreleased. Available on CD but I downloaded the set from Qobuz. Anyone not familiar with her, she passed away within a year of this concert and has an incredible voice. It is available to stream on Tidal as well. Check it out if you are unfamiliar with her. This would be the subject of a great review Musicophile!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, Musicophile said:

A beautiful new release (and very audiophile at that) from ECM. 24/96 from Qobuz. 

Here's my review: https://musicophilesblog.com/2020/05/31/accordion-and-guitar-seriously-absolutely-rivages-a-beautiful-new-ecm-release-by-jean-louis-martinier-and-kevin-seddiki/

wklzsy52qf5ec_600.jpg

The accordion was my Dad’s instrument until we got him into keyboards in the 80’s with Roland and Korg. His Cordovox with a Leslie cabinet sure did have a sweet sound. He had a successful band in the Philly area for 40 years. If I had to do it all again, I would have stuck with the piano like my son, who is a better vocalist and songwriter than I could ever be.

• 2 weeks later...