• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Apesbrain said:

Just listened to this album yesterday. Very nice.

It really is. Although, after being impressed with the look of the waveform, I'm now realizing something's really wrong with the sound quality of that Bandcamp version – like it's a low quality stream or something – proceed with caution. I had only really listened to the Apple Music version before.

1 minute ago, new_media said:

That's odd, I bought this from HDtracks and it's 24/44.1. Had to be a sample rate conversion in there one way or the other.

Yeah. That's the highest quality version sold on Qobuz and 7Digital as well. The Bandcamp page for the album now seems very fishy to me as the the official band website doesn't appear to contain a link to it. Somebody may have literally put up a recorded stream there. I've contacted Bandcamp's support to see what they have to say about it and am now listening to a 16/44 version bought elsewhere that sounds great (although with a somewhat limited dynamic range).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, Musicophile said:

I don't meditate but listening to the Goldbergs on a regular basis is my form of switching off. 

Today, one of the absolute best versions out there, just perfect:

51KXih0Vi8L.jpg

Though I own it, I think I've only listend to it once and not actually til the end. A little too cute for me, and I couldn't stand his adornments. The '81 Gould will always be the perfect version to me. Andrei Gavrilov's version is another favorite.

Here's mine:

10-years-solo-live-4-cd-box-set.jpg.thumb.png.18b2b6863e52956a27029105052f9b14.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...