• 2 weeks later...
Manu Katché Live In Concert (24/48).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14693[/ATTACH]

Not extremely well recorded, so not sure the high-res is a must. Anyhow, the New Morning in Paris where this was recorded is, having been there several times, is not really an acoustically very pleasant location.

In any case, great music!

But there is a thing with having a recording from a space you know the sound of.

Brad Mehldau live at Village Vanguard sounds exactly like the Vanguard; dry and very direct just like being there.

• 3 weeks later...

Tenor saxophonist Stan Getz found a perfect accompanist in pianist Kenny Barron, who would regularly play in his group for his last five years. This out-of-print Black Hawk LP finds the pair, along with bassistGeorge Mraz and drummer Victor Lewis, performing two standards and four more recent pieces, including two ("Dreams" and "Voyage") by Barron. The music is difficult to classify (modern bop?) but relatively easy to understand; Getz never coasts.
Scott Yanow
  • 2 weeks later...
Bach here as well, sitting at an airport gate (again).

The Well Tempered Clavier - Angela Hewitt (the new 2008 recording) on Hyperion, on a Fazioli Grand piano.

Very delicate and nuanced playing. Probably one of the best versions of the Wohltemperiertes Klavier on modern piano to my ears.

Makes travel a bit more bearable.

+1. Excellent interpretation.

034571177410.png

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Feeling nostalgic;

MI0002229279.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

" The set opens with the title, a lilting waltz that nonetheless gets an original treatment here, despite having been recorded by Dave Brubeck. Kelly is in keen form, playing a bit sprightlier than the tempo would allow, and slips flourishes in the high register inside the melody for an "elfin" feel. Davis waxes light and lyrical with his Harmon mute, playing glissando throughout. Mobley plays a strictly journeyman solo, and then Coltrane blows the pack away with a solo so deep inside the harmony it sounds like it's coming from somewhere else. Mobley's real moment on the album is on the next track, "Old Folks," when he doesn't have Coltrane breathing down his neck.
Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles Davis,Miles Davis Sextet | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic
  • 1 month later...

Yes another master has passed;

And to my astonishment I did not know of the existence of ''Fly away little Bird''

That album is now on my most wanted list.

judging from this youtube sample the sound and playing seems to be very good. thanks:)

[video=youtube;jY-kpv1T1tA]

Dedicated to Paul Bley (1932-2016). R.I.P.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23298[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 7:09 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I missed this one. 

Doesn't look streamable. Guess I'll purchase it, based on the listening sample from Sound Liaison. 

https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/596-embrace-me-gidon-nunes-vaz-quartet

It's excellent. The HIFI NEWS AND RECORD REVIEW  is spot on;

Definitely an audiophile recording......

the result is spectacular, with a warm, generous ambience you can almost reach out and touch each instrument;

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, kumakuma said:

Wonderful recording.

I buy every new release from Sound Liaison as soon as the email announcement arrives in my inbox. Don't even listen to the previews any more. 

On 10/7/2020 at 1:59 AM, kumakuma said:

Odelion - Northern Lights

New release from Sound Liaison

northern-lights-odelion.thumb.jpg.b9676e6d3dd6929fd6764185ddfd8243.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, oso said:

Very ambitious singer/songwriter album, and they really do pull it off. The arrangements of the songs are spot on, dynamics are from tiny to full blast without ever sounding contrived, and the songs, with lyrics that has something to say, stays in my head after listening. 

Check out track 3; "Ghost Town", if you want to try before buy, that song shows what the whole album is about. 

Listen here; Northern-Lights-Odelion

spacer.png

On 10/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, JoeWhip said:

What do you think if this release? The recording is exceptional but she is really pitchy.

On 10/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, kumakuma said:

It didn't really bother me but I'm sure it will next time I listen to it... 😭

I really like this album, great songs and the sound is fabuleus and I have no problem at all with the  voice, the girl really means what she sings.

And I agree with that track 3 is showing of the mood of the album; Preview ODELION

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 11:14 PM, sphinxsix said:

@AudioDoctor This has been issued as a chapter of a DVD so it counts 9_9

And a little earlier I listened to this - perfect music for a rainy and windy evening, possibly even whole Dutch monsoon season.. (24-44)

The Legend Of Joao Gilberto 1957-61

a9kxhsl8ebxcb_600.jpg

A simple reflection - this music should be sung in the original language!

That's what I call a contrast. You have a broad but very valid musical taste.