• 4 weeks later...
Shelby Lynne, Just a Little Lovin', DSD download from AcousticSounds. Very pleasant music in most natural sound.

XAPP041D64__93691__08262013021659-8129.jpg

Very good album and sound quality. This download was their best seller for a long time.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 1 month later...
Band of Horses Live at the Lyman HDT: 24/96

Acoustic at the Ryman.jpg

Of course, you mean "Acoustic at the Ryman" (Live).

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good News.jpg

Great new album from Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters with a number of guest artists. Diane Blue's vocals on four tracks alone are worth the price of admission.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Silverman.jpg

Wonderful performances by Robert Silverman, who I am proud to call a friend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17202[/ATTACH]

...It's out on SACD (24/88.2), 24/96 and 24/192 at HDTracks, and 24/192 on PonoMusic.

The initial SACD is to be avoided (for purchase). It was merely a conversion of the 16/44 master to DSD. Subsequently, a hybrid multichannel SACD was produced by Analogue Productions.

• 2 weeks later...

MI0003722582.jpg

Just been listening to this after a while (HDtracks 24/88) and forgot how good it is. Natalie is in excellent form and the sound quality, both her vocals and the instrumentals is, IMO, very good. I especially like the acoustic guitar work.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for bringing up this. I went over to the Paul Simon website and found the 25th Anniversary Edition. For fans of Paul Simon there are some neat offers available right now.

Paul Simon Graceland 25th Anniversary Music | The Official Paul Simon Site

Unfortunately, the SQ of the hi res download version of the Graceland 25th Anniversary album is reportedly not very good, i.e. compressed.

• 5 months later...

Nashville Obsolete.jpg

Dave Rawlings Machine / Nashville Obsolete

Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch's new album.

Good pick, Allan. I'm seeing their show tonight in NYC. Psyched!

I envy you. Glad you enjoyed the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to pile more praise on Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings. Love this version of Going to California.

Nashville Obsolete is brilliant, as are all of their albums.

Not only are Gillian and Dave great, but there is also some mighty fine picking by the rest of the band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Duke_.jpg

The Acoustic Blues & Roots of Duke Robillard

• 1 month later...

jpg.png

Beautiful music by my friend, Robert Silverman, who celebrates his 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday. Congratulations, Bob and Ellie!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chopin's Last Waltz by Robert Silverman

cover.thumb.jpg.12e10780f0673f3a85b844393e39bbbb.jpg

Stereophile's Recording of the Month

(available as download from Native DSD as well as vinyl)

• 4 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 2:18 PM, WAM said:

Afaik Take Five was designed as a showpiece for Morello (correct me if I am mistaken).

You are not mistaken. It was written by Paul Desmond in 5/4 time, and it became one of the best known jazz compositions of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent group led by talented alto sax player and composer Allison Au.

Forest Grove.jpg

• 2 weeks later...