51LXHudi07L.jpg

Good idea for a thread... now I get to discover new music.

This album - A good collection of Jennifer Lopez's hits and serves as a good introduction to her music.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

• 3 weeks later...

album-very-best-of-jimmy-somerville-bronski-beat-and-the-communards.jpg

Jimmy Somerville - The Very Best Of Jimmy Somerville, Bronski Beat And The Communards

Contains all the hits from Bronski Beat and The Communards as well as the solo works of Jimmy Somerville.

Best known for the huge hit Smalltown Boy.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

• 2 weeks later...

61nIySArLWL.jpg

K. D. Lang - Recollection.

Filled with chart busting hits like Constant Craving, Smoke Rings, Crying and a great showcase for Lang's exceptional vocal prowess. The audio has been remastered and makes for a delightful evening listen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1872[/ATTACH]

Tool - Lateralus

I can't tell you how artistically good is this album, if you don't know search on the internet, it is a metal milestone.

But i can tell how good it sounds! it is EPIC.

I have lots of metal album but i have only 2 (yes only two) metal album that are not completely ruined by the loudnesswar and this is one.

It is a phisical pleasure to listen to it, turn the volume insanely up and if you have a good stereo it will blow your mind, i promise!

The deep bass, the powerful sound, the explosive dynamics, the space between the instruments, everything it is very well recorded and reproduced.

Super-recommended for everyone especially for the rock lovers!

Oh and by the way, if you people know about other records that sounds as good as this in metal, please, let me know! :)

Love Tool. Have all of their albums.

Also check out

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia & Fear Of A Blank Planet.

Fantômas - The Director's Cut & Fantômas. Also, Delirium Cordia (I have all of their albums).

I have ordered Tool. What its the other album?

Thanks Frank

The picks for me are Aenima, Lateralus, & Undertow. Also, Salival (I have all of their albums).

Annie Lennox - Medusa

de6e12bb9da0590f6abcb010.L.jpg

Absolutely brilliant. Annie's got a great voice but her re-working of some of these classics make them even better than the originals!

Terribly biased... but nobody can go wrong with an Annie Lennox or Eurythmics (her previous group) album. One of the best voices ever!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1903[/ATTACH]

Super group and a super album too... Check out Fleetwood Mac - The Very Best Of for a more comprehensive collection of hits and also Fleetwood Mac - The Best Of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac for a sampling of the previously more blues oriented band (before they turned mainstream pop/soft rock).

Guns n roses night!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1949[/ATTACH]

Outstanding music, outstanding sound quality!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1950[/ATTACH]

Even more outstanding music, even better sound quality!!

Thank you MFSL!!

Makes me want to pull out my GNR Greatest Hits CD. Not a huge follower of the band but I like the Greatest Hits as it has their most popular songs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1980[/ATTACH]

Wow... amazing album. Love Little Feat and have most of their albums? Any other recommendations in the southern rock genre?

I'm big on Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, The Charlie Daniels Band & Little Feat but always looking for more recommendations.

Ryan Bingham - more western than Southern, but then Feat was based in DC, so not that Southern either. Subdudes are another recommendation. But tough (impossible, really) to equal Feat back in the day with Lowell, and not much comes close to Dixie Chicken.

Thanks, will check him out.

I am not really a fan of Southern rock at all...I don't consider Little Feat (or CCR) to be southern.

Roots rock, country rock, blues rock, swamp rock, southern rock, Americana, etc. are the genres associated with such acts. Anyways I only mean I like that sound (never mind the genre generalizations) and I'm looking to discover more artists/bands with a similar sound.

Los Lobos: This Time Ultradisc UHR™ Stereo Hybrid SACD. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent production.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2003[/ATTACH]

What a coincidence...

My choice was Los Lobos - Wolf Tracks The Best Of

61i5QcaterL._SS400_.jpg

a70ae03ae7a086365adef110.L.jpg

Jimi Hendrix - Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues... simply some of the best blues riffs on the guitar by Jimi Hendrix. I also have the Blues album from Jimi Hendrix. Highly recommended for any blues lover.

• 2 weeks later...
Roland Gift: Roland Gift XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Very entertaining. Excellent redbook recording.

So enjoying the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2102[/ATTACH]

I was big on FYC (back when they started) and have both of their albums. Have not followed up with the solo work though. Would be interesting to have a listen.

I'm still digging into SRV after so many years. Amazing guitarist and musician... too bad his life was cut short or else he might have given so much more divine music to enjoy...

d6c3e03ae7a0de6045092210.L.jpg