IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Not true; that was entirely my point. The SACD rip project does NOT work on a PS3 that has been rolled back to 3.55 (if it does you'll be the first; please report if so).

I misunderstood you. But why wouldn't work? Is this where the "keys" come in?

Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I came across this:

Sony PlayStation 3 80GB 80GO CECHE01 98015 HDMI DualShock 3 New Still SEALED | eBay

He does not know the firmware but responded: On the box it reads: "Copyright 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.", also if you want to search more informations through the net, the model number is CECHE01

98015 80GB/80GO DUALSHOCK 3 Blue-ray Disc,

Firmware could be 2.42-2.76. I tried to see if there was any other original firmware greater than 3.55 with this model, and was not able to find it. The seller may be willing to break the seal to check. If someone could give provenance, this could be useful for anyone looking of a unit.

I already found a unit, but this is new and may be of interest to the forum.

Beware of all internet offers to safely rollback firmware. According to MR Wicked nothing works except a soldering iron to do "hardware downgrading"...but that's all I know.

Can anyone provide a link that documents the "hardware downgrading" procedure?

I came across this:

Sony PlayStation 3 80GB 80GO CECHE01 98015 HDMI DualShock 3 New Still SEALED | eBay

He does not know the firmware but responded: On the box it reads: "Copyright 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.", also if you want to search more informations through the net, the model number is CECHE01

98015 80GB/80GO DUALSHOCK 3 Blue-ray Disc,

Firmware could be 2.42-2.76. I tried to see if there was any other original firmware greater than 3.55 with this model, and was not able to find it. The seller may be willing to break the seal to check. If someone could give provenance, this could be useful for anyone looking of a unit.

I already found a unit, but this is new and may be of interest to the forum.

As long as it was sold before Dec. 7, 2010 it will have newer than 3.55 firmware. PlayStation 3 system software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As long as it was sold before Dec. 7, 2010 it will have newer than 3.55 firmware. PlayStation 3 system software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please stop! It has already been determined that this unit is NOT an SACD PS3 and a waste of time. A CECHL is not one of the candidates, folks!

(Note: By the way, your firmware statement is wrong. I think you forgot a "it will NOT have newer than 3.55" in there...regardless...stay away from this unit unless you want to play PS3 games.)

I did not catch that. It was mis advertised. Sorry guys.

No problem. I was only reacting forcefully because we need to run away from these; and out these folks that mis-advertise; this PS3 ripping thing is confusing enough to the newbie.. It could be a simple case of mislabeling the ad title (CECHE vs CECHL) but that kind of thing is VERY important, even to non-SACD PS3 buyers. It often means the difference in things like PS2 compatibility, etc. I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt since he posted well-documented photos, but c'mon.

To make it up. This does have provenance.

PlayStation 3 Console CECHE01 Backwards Comp Still in Plastic w EXTRAS | eBay

i am 73 years old. I have no idea. It came from my sons house that passed away. He was a collector of video games. I don't my assistant hooking it up because then it will be "used".

'This has been sealed up since 2007 so I have no idea. My son planned on keeping it for years to come and sell since it is appreciating. I hate taking a loss on it. But I have no use. '. From seller.

Please stop! It has already been determined that this unit is NOT an SACD PS3 and a waste of time. A CECHL is not one of the candidates, folks!

(Note: By the way, your firmware statement is wrong. I think you forgot a "it will NOT have newer than 3.55" in there...regardless...stay away from this unit unless you want to play PS3 games.)

You don't have to be a jerk. This is your third time being rude, and you are out of strikes now. The link is self-explanatory even if I made a misstatement . I'll take the time to send the seller of the PS3 a message about his error on ebay. Maybe you need to get some help distributing the guide because you appear to be BURNED OUT.

I believe Ted is trying to help everyone who has interest in this hobby not to make a costly mistake and order the wrong unit. I almost made that exact mistake on another unit but the link I re-posted above will help prevent this from occurring. My music collection would not be of the quality and depth if it was not for Ted's devotion and willingness to share his expertise, or Chris who has created a successful forum. The recommendations by all of the members regarding quality recordings has introduced me to artists I would otherwise never have been aware of.

You don't have to be a jerk. This is your third time being rude, and you are out of strikes now. The link is self-explanatory even if I made a misstatement . I'll take the time to send the seller of the PS3 a message about his error on ebay. Maybe you need to get some help distributing the guide because you appear to be BURNED OUT.

I'm sorry but "please stop" is being a jerk?? I'm trying to stop misinformation that causes folks to spend $400 on a boat anchor. I get requests ten times a day and answer all of them; I am hardly burned out.

I am very sorry if you thought my correction of your firmware statement was inappropriate, but missing a "NOT" is kinda important, as most readers do NOT go to the link to corroborate facts. And why do you think I am out of strikes? I pride myself on helping folks, and do not have a lot of feedback that I am some rude SOB. I have put ridiculous energy into this thread and into making sure folks don't misstep. It was mentioned just above your post that the unit was incorrect. What am I to do, ask Chris to delete your addtl misinformation? THAT would be rude.

I believe Ted is trying to help everyone who has interest in this hobby not to make a costly mistake and order the wrong unit. I almost made that exact mistake on another unit but the link I re-posted above will help prevent this from occurring. My music collection would not be of the quality and depth if it was not for Ted's devotion and willingness to share his expertise, or Chris who has created a successful forum. The recommendations by all of the members regarding quality recordings has introduced me to artists I would otherwise never have been aware of.

As one of hundreds, perhaps thousands by now, who's benefited from Ted's time, effort, expertise and generosity - wholeheartedly agreed.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I appreciate his effort. Hey, I actually paid him for his time, about 60 bucks in donations, so he's not going to be throwing any exclamation marks my way without some bite back. I contacted the seller on ebay, "Thank you very much for your time and letting me know. When I prepared the description on a piece of paper, wrote it one time, and never realized the mistake. I just corrected it thanks to you. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all the best.

- gooddealno1." That's all it took. No drama.

I think you will find most of us will expect folks to not get worked up about ted_b's comments (which I find to be highly helpful in the particular case, even if others don't). Ted has done enough to help all of us that if someone takes one (or three) of his comments badly, they need to weigh that with the thousands of other comments that they would have to agree are helpful and get past it rather than posting a personal attack and name calling (yes, calling someone's helpful post "rude" is a personal attack and name calling).

I can say from my personal experience, Ted is patient and kind and helpful, even with people sending the same info over and over and over (and correcting the small percentage that is wrong and harmful the next newbie who doesn't yet know better).

Ted...thank you for your effort not just in this thread but also with work with Mytek and on other forums and helping folks far beyond what is expected.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I appreciate his effort. Hey, I actually paid him for his time, about 60 bucks in donations, so he's not going to be throwing any exclamation marks my way without some bite back. I contacted the seller on ebay, "Thank you very much for your time and letting me know. When I prepared the description on a piece of paper, wrote it one time, and never realized the mistake. I just corrected it thanks to you. I really appreciate it. Wishing you all the best.

- gooddealno1." That's all it took. No drama.

Gang, thanks for all the support..but you don't have to do this. Thx anyway.

Kevin (aka bulldogger), first off I didn't realize it was you (no excuse). Second, I post SO many times on this forum (and others) that I often find myself using a kind of short-hand..i.e getting to the point too quickly. I'm sorry if it came across rudely (emotions or lack thereof is difficult to perceive on these things). I promise not to use exclamation points so liberally; I was sincerely trying to save posts like yours the wrath of the guy who buys the thing for $400 (that post will have a s%itload of exclamation points :) ).

So, I apologize and will take this as a warning that I need to turn it down.

Gang, thanks for all the support..but you don't have to do this. Thx anyway.

Kevin (aka bulldogger), first off I didn't realize it was you (no excuse). Second, I post SO many times on this forum (and others) that I often find myself using a kind of short-hand..i.e getting to the point too quickly. I'm sorry if it came across rudely (emotions or lack thereof is difficult to perceive on these things). I promise not to use exclamation points so liberally; I was sincerely trying to save posts like yours the wrath of the guy who buys the thing for $400 (that post will have a s%itload of exclamation points :) ).

So, I apologize and will take this as a warning that I need to turn it down.

Sorry. I apologize too. I was just/am trying to help others. I do appreciate the help you have given, do understand that. I still have a Marantz SA-7S1 but this has allowed me to use my Theta Gen VIII dac with my SACD collection. I am extremely happy with being able to so do.

I'd like to share my experience so far buying PS3s from Ebay. The first one I purchased was from a seller who had refurbished the PS3 and he provided a warranty. He was able to specifically tell me what was wrong with unit before he repaired it. I sold that unit on this forum. It was quiet and worked flawlessly. However, I was a bit hasty and discovered that I still had some SACDs in my closet that I had not ripped. My second PS3 that was also purchased from Ebay was advertised as having very few hours, maybe 30 hours doings it's lifetime. I believe the description was accurate. It looks new and is squeaky clean. However the fan runs loud and it is apparently beginning to overheat. I am in the process of having it repaired. I have spoken with several such companies. Regardless of use, the thermal paste will still dry out. So don't assume that a low use or new unit will be perfect. There is a company on ebay that does repairs, and he is absolutely sure he can repair the issue. Also, I helped a friend purchased a PS3 from Ebay with supposedly below 3.55 firmware but the unit arrived with higher firmware.

Hi Ted,

i'm also completely new at sacd ripping.

I now have an PS3 with firmware 3.55 (downgraded).

Can you also send me the links/guide?

Thank you.

P.S. The CFW seems to be Rogero 4.4. Is this ok?

PM sent. welcome to CA. It will not work.....it needs to be 3.55 or below, but report back

Here is a little used unit with firmware of 3.30.

PlayStation 3 Console CECHE01 Backwards Comp Still in Plastic w EXTRAS | eBay

Dear kevalin-inara,

I figured out the firmware. It is 3.30 my moronic assistant powered it up and checked. I think now I will lose money because eBay will not allow us to change the pictures or the title. So nobody knows the exact details but you. I searched playstation 3.30 on eBay and there is one on there already. I thought that the price would be higher. I was told that these things appreciate my son bought this for $599.99 at circuit city in 2007.

- lostinanutshell