IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Ted:

I have been lurking for months. Finally found a PS3! Firmware 2.80!!!!

Really looking forward to backing up my collection - over 80 SACDs.

If you could please send me the PDF with download locations for the comiled ripper.

Thanks in advance.

Ted,

Do think that Mr. Wicked will break the 3.5 version barrier any time in the near future? Just curious.

Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Ted,

Do think that Mr. Wicked will break the 3.5 version barrier any time in the near future? Just curious.

Thanks

I've been wrong before, so i will pass. :) Seriously, not a clue; I thought reverting to 3.55 via the discovered keys was a done deal but so far no news at all.

Hello,

I would have an eligible PS3 other than the fact that its on current firmware and found this thread way after I upgraded past FW 3.55.

So I stumbled upon this on my research to see if there is something that can be done and apparently there is a way to turn back the firmware on one's PS3.

Link is here: pshaxjb

Just wanted let you guys know that there might be some hope if this works as advertised. I have not tried it and was wondering if someone has. The instructions seem pretty simple. They seem to keep it updated for every new FW.

what do you think?

UPDATE: Apparently you have to fill some form of offer in order to download such file...whenever you have to provide whatever info to those offer I get suspicious.... hmm bummer..

[h=2]Don't follow me, I am lost too![/h]

- Unknown

Hello,

I would have an eligible PS3 other than the fact that its on current firmware and found this thread way after I upgraded past FW 3.55.

So I stumbled upon this on my research to see if there is something that can be done and apparently there is a way to turn back the firmware on one's PS3.

Link is here: pshaxjb

Just wanted let you guys know that there might be some hope if this works as advertised. I have not tried it and was wondering if someone has. The instructions seem pretty simple. They seem to keep it updated for every new FW.

what do you think?

UPDATE: Apparently you have to fill some form of offer in order to download such file...whenever you have to provide whatever info to those offer I get suspicious.... hmm bummer..

Interesting. I am tempted, but would like to know more also.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Beware of all internet offers to safely rollback firmware. According to MR Wicked nothing works except a soldering iron to do "hardware downgrading"...but that's all I know.

Beware of all internet offers to safely rollback firmware. According to MR Wicked nothing works except a soldering iron to do "hardware downgrading"...but that's all I know.

I bought my PS3 in ebay from a guy living in Vienna. He told me, he has a way to downgrade to 3.55 and he has some units. my price was €235 plus shipping.

Not exactly the cheapest, but he's very nice and I trusted him.

I bought my PS3 in ebay from a guy living in Vienna. He told me, he has a way to downgrade to 3.55 and he has some units. my price was €235 plus shipping.

Not exactly the cheapest, but he's very nice and I trusted him.

Report back, cuz you'd be the worlds first to get it to work in the SACD project. Gaming maybe, SACD, no. Please report back.

My first thought was about SACD's.

Oh sorry. My first thought was being able to rip SACDs after converting from 4.41 to 3.55 but once you get to 3.55 that shouldn't be a factor. Just perform the procedure you have provided and I should be good to go.

Oh sorry. My first thought was being able to rip SACDs after converting from 4.41 to 3.55 but once you get to 3.55 that shouldn't be a factor. Just perform the procedure you have provided and I should be good to go.

Not true; that was entirely my point. The SACD rip project does NOT work on a PS3 that has been rolled back to 3.55 (if it does you'll be the first; please report if so).

the guy, where I bought my used and working ps3 told me the following: Zur info mit progskeet kann man jede fat ps3 die beim zeitpunkt der auslieferung unter 3.56 hat downgraden!!!!

free translation: with a program/tool called progskeet he is able to downgrade 'every' fat ps3, which was originally sold with a version under 3.56

and he wrote: forget the newer progskeet 1.2 - you need the older 1.1

Yes, I know what progskeet is! I have been through this a dozen times. It's why I am adamant (and say it in my guide numerous times), but so what. Try it yourself; as mr Wicked says "but don't sue me if it doesn't work and makes your PS3 a door jamb". Please believe me... I would LOVE someone to figure it out. it would open up hundreds of older SACD-capable PS3's for folks to rip their collections on.

Here is where progskeet was tried 18 months ago, for example:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-6143/index3.html#post119879

Yes, I know what progskeet is! I have been through this a dozen times. It's why I am adamant (and say it in my guide numerous times), but so what. Try it yourself; as mr Wicked says "but don't sue me if it doesn't work and makes your PS3 a door jamb". Please believe me... I would LOVE someone to figure it out. it would open up hundreds of older SACD-capable PS3's for folks to rip their collections on.

Here is where progskeet was tried 18 months ago, for example:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-6143/index3.html#post119879

Yes I believe what you say and I asked this guy more that a few times, if it's true. But you know his answer. And he told me, when I need more ps3's with 3.55 - no problem, he can help me, he always has some in a local selling web-platform. I think, mine is also a downgraded one. Today I successfully ripped some discs without a single error. Again thank you for this nice guide and the collection of tested and trusted downloads.