IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

On 4/19/2018 at 12:22 PM, quattroatl said:

It's been a while, but to follow up on PS3 people still using their PS3's to rip sacd's....

I am on the latest Rebug cfw 4.82.1.  I can confirm that the SACD ripper does work although buggy.

Meaning when you start the rip process, the sacd ripper does not show the progress bar and appears to hang.  I just let the ripping process do it's thing and return to my PS3 ~30 minutes later.  At that point I cannot quit sacd ripper, so I soft power off my PS3 holding down the power button on the front of the machine.  This does not corrupt PS3 system files. I rip ISO to USB and have never tried network ripping.  I will try that later.  

Did you ever find a fix ? I'm on Rebug cwf 4.82.2 and it has the same issues, but it only does it on some sacd and the one's that does, doesnt have a log with the iso.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

after years of good service, my old PS3 is starting to show problems: ripping directly to usb drive is not working -- for some reason, I'm getting a "not enough space" message on the PS3 for every different usb drive I try. So I wanted to try server mode, but cannot find the .bat files anywhere. Would anyone know if (and where) they're still available for download? Btw, I understand the server mode feature is Windows-only, right? Or does it work on Mac as well?

thanks a lot!

Mario

It's very simple and it worked for me within 5 minutes (and I could not believe it):

Before you start check that automatic installation of new firmware etc. is switched off in your PS3.

Connect your PS3 with an ethernet cable if not already done.

Scroll through the PS3 menu's to find the IP address.

Start SACD ripper.

I did not use the batch files but made my own in notepad containing:

sacd_extract -P -I -i192.xxx.x.xx:2002
Pause

replacing of course the xxx with your IP address. And keep sacd_extract (you should have it already) in the same directory.

Launch it.

And instead of on your TV-set you will see the ripping process on your PC and it will create the iso file.

There's a good chance your PS3 will work again, I had similar problems, although without any message.

Good luck! Dick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/23/2018 at 1:48 AM, gio2k said:

I have purchased a PS3 (with FW 3.55) My PS3 works well and normally reads SACD, but if trying to rip  a SACD with SACD RIPPER it says - the PS3 will not recognize any SACDs put into it in SACD - ripper. "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert". Any ideas on what to do. Please help me. Thank you

Hi All
I am new to this, and I am having this exact problem when setting my PS3 to rip SACDs. I have tried playing the SACD, then running the SACD Ripper (as advised earlier in this thread,  but I get the error above. I am looking through this thread, but it's taking a long time with 114 pages. 
I suspect my problem may be the keys have not been imported. I have followed all instructions found elsewhere, but nowhere can I find instructions on how to import keys, everywhere just says 'import keys' with no indications on how to do in. 

All help appreciated, thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Daveystoat said:

I suspect my problem may be the keys have not been imported. I have followed all instructions found elsewhere, but nowhere can I find instructions on how to import keys, everywhere just says 'import keys' with no indications on how to do in. 

You can find such instructions in Section 3 of this "classic" document: https://newtoolbox.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/sacd-ripper-primer-v4-0.pdf

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

51 minutes ago, Daveystoat said:

OK thanks. Does anyone know where I can get them as a .pkg file? That appears to be what I need.

The .pkg is the ripper not the keys.  The keys are simply copied and pasted to your USB drive folder as per instructions. 

OK, The keys are on my USB drive, I installed the SACD_ripper.pkg. Presumably that then does what it needs to do with the keys?

I am still getting the  "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert" error message from SACD Ripper with whatever SACD I try. They are all hybrid CD/SACD which the PS3 can read and play fine. I have tried playing the disc, then going into SACD Ripper, with no effect

So, obviously something is amiss.

All help gratefully received! 

6 hours ago, Daveystoat said:

Is anyone able to help with the "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert" error? I have come up against a brick wall here? Thanks in advance

Are you certain the actual Drive has not been replaced on the unit? It also has to be the original first version of the drive.

• 1 month later...

So, I have been off doing other things for a few weeks, now come back to this.

As far as i can tell it is the original drive. It has the right custom firmware and has never been higher than version 3.55. I have followed the steps in Ted's document on how to do this. But.....

I am still getting the "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert" error from SACD Ripper. I am using hybrid SACDs, which the PS3 can read fine.

Can anyone help? Has anyone got a working link to where I can download the keys? (all the ones on here posted years ago seem to be no longer valid)

All help very much appreciated, thanks

5 hours ago, Daveystoat said:

Can anyone help? Has anyone got a working link to where I can download the keys? (all the ones on here posted years ago seem to be no longer valid)

Contact me off-line with an email address.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

8 hours ago, Daveystoat said:

So, I have been off doing other things for a few weeks, now come back to this.

As far as i can tell it is the original drive. It has the right custom firmware and has never been higher than version 3.55. I have followed the steps in Ted's document on how to do this. But.....

I am still getting the "The current disc is empty or not recognized as an SACD, please reinsert" error from SACD Ripper. I am using hybrid SACDs, which the PS3 can read fine.

All help very much appreciated, thanks

The keys are on the psdevwiki

If it has ever had higher firmware then downgraded via fsm then it breaks BDVD playback not sacd playback and bdvd can be restored I did a guide for that after researching it. 

If a CD and sacd and dvd and finally BDVD all play fine in your console then the drive and laser should be fine 

You can try updating to rebug and installing the latest sacd ripper and see if that works. The latest ripper deank (multiman dev) and joonie (rebug dev) fixed it so it does not need the keys to work 

And as you will be on rebug firmware you can simply and easily go back to 3.55 

10 hours ago, baileyscream said:

The keys are on the psdevwiki

If it has ever had higher firmware then downgraded via fsm then it breaks BDVD playback not sacd playback and bdvd can be restored I did a guide for that after researching it. 

If a CD and sacd and dvd and finally BDVD all play fine in your console then the drive and laser should be fine 

You can try updating to rebug and installing the latest sacd ripper and see if that works. The latest ripper deank (multiman dev) and joonie (rebug dev) fixed it so it does not need the keys to work 

And as you will be on rebug firmware you can simply and easily go back to 3.55 

Thanks for this,I will look on the PS Dev Wiki
Edit - had a look on the PS3 Dev Wiki - the keys just seems like a load of numbers in a table. page https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Keys#sc_iso_module_060.013.r010_-_4.75, no indication of what I do with them or how I should get them on to the USB stick/into the PS3 (sorry if I am being a bit stupid here, I am not a PS3 developer or expert, so it needs to be made as easy as possible for me). What I really want is the zipped up file referred to earlier in this thread that the links to seem to be broken.
CD and SACD play fine. When I try and play a Blu-Ray, I currently get "To play this BD, you must renew the encryption key. Perform a system software update to renew the encryption key". Yes, I am using the Rebug CFW

38 minutes ago, Daveystoat said:

Thanks for this,I will look on the PS Dev Wiki
Edit - had a look on the PS3 Dev Wiki - the keys just seems like a load of numbers in a table. page https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Keys#sc_iso_module_060.013.r010_-_4.75, no indication of what I do with them or how I should get them on to the USB stick/into the PS3 (sorry if I am being a bit stupid here, I am not a PS3 developer or expert, so it needs to be made as easy as possible for me). What I really want is the zipped up file referred to earlier in this thread that the links to seem to be broken.
CD and SACD play fine. When I try and play a Blu-Ray, I currently get "To play this BD, you must renew the encryption key. Perform a system software update to renew the encryption key". Yes, I am using the Rebug CFW

It's probably a newer BDVD than when the 3.55 firmware was released if your using a 3.55 rebug.

I have a tut for the newer 38 sacd if you want to try.

Remember your on rebug cfw so you can get back on 3.55 with a few steps if you dont like it 

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-multiman-v04-81-xx-sacd-ripper.12302/

Just to say - I have this working now (yippee!) Kal Rubinson is a superstar who I can't thank enough for his help. 

The problem was as i suspected - with the keys not being imported for some reason. I got them to with (another) reinstall of SACD Ripper, and all working now.

Thanks also go to everyone who suggested things and helped me - it was all appreciated!

Ok, need the expertise of people on here again.

I tried ripping eight SACDs yesterday (I have about the same number to try). Four worked fine, one for some reason didn't create the ISO file on the USB stick, so will need a second attempt today. Three caused SACD Ripper to stop, at the point where you insert the disc, it reads it and shows a summary of the disc information, you hit ok to start ripping, and the disc information stays on the screen and it doesn't then go to the 'ripping' progress bar display.

Any ideas anyone? 

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a similar issue as described here. I'm not super familiar with the PS3 as I just bought one secondhand. I've installed Rebug 4.81 and followed the instructions that @baileyscream linked to but I never get past the ripper telling me that it cannot recognize the disc. Playing either an SACD or Blu-ray works fine. I've tried different versions of Rebug and tried different versions of the SACD ripper, but 0.38 seems to be the only one that actually runs. Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar issue with my PS3. After years and years of great use archiving SACD's, I recently pulled the machine out of storage to rip an newly acquired SACD. SACD ripper boots up fine, but gives the error message. "disc is empty or not recognized as SACD." I tried an older disc the was ripped on this same machine, still the get the message, "not recognized." Any ideas for a fix?

Thank you

• 1 month later...