IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Sure. Just bail out of the ripper program and start it again. Easy with a controller.

Just have to figure out how to do this with a keyboard since have no controller.

Anyone had experience with one of these or other replacement for OEM controller and keyboard?

Wireless Remote Control Keyboard Keypad USB 2 0 Receiver for PlayStation 3 PS3 | eBay

Now that I have conquered the PS3 with everyone's help, particularly Kal's, I have to decide if moving on to OPPO, Pioneer, etc., makes sense given I have no real use for another universal player or BD capability.

After THIS protracted exchange, I can almost hear Kal and Ted_b thinking..."Please don't" :-D

• 1 month later...

Hello Mr Wicked !!

Yesterday I mailed you at your hotmailaccount with the same issue !! Hoping you could tell me, step by step, (from the point of having a sacd-rip-ready PS3, because I am a total computer dummie. The script above is much too difficult for me... Could you do that to:

[email protected] ? Being prepared to pay for because a dream would come through for me !!

Foppie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr. Wicked,

I have a PS3 set up and have been successfully ripping SACDs for some time, however I've encountered a few titles which cause the v0.37 version to hang repeatedly (not the hang but actually rip bug; the app hangs as soon as the disc is inserted.) In searching the forum and online, it looks like the solution is to use an older version of the ripper, specifically v0.21. Is there any way you can send me a copy of the older .pkg file? Thanks in advance.

Hi Mr. Wicked,

I have a PS3 set up and have been successfully ripping SACDs for some time, however I've encountered a few titles which cause the v0.37 version to hang repeatedly (not the hang but actually rip bug; the app hangs as soon as the disc is inserted.) In searching the forum and online, it looks like the solution is to use an older version of the ripper, specifically v0.21. Is there any way you can send me a copy of the older .pkg file? Thanks in advance.

Email sent

Ted, thanks again. sacd-ripper v0.30 (r275) did the trick. For the record, the discs I had a problem with were Gunter Wand conducting Bruckner's 5th, 7th, 8th and 9th symphonies on Esoteric. So to anyone out there trying to rip these specific titles using the latest version of the ripper utility, try rolling back to an older version like 0.30 so you can avoid doing a bunch of soft resets when your PS3 hangs!

I also tried the initial release and v0.20, but neither of these even recognized the discs as SACDs.

I was able to find a local person who rolled my PS3 firmware back to 3.55 (he charged $70) and I just backed up my first SACD. Thanks Ted_B and all on this forum!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17610[/ATTACH]

Hi friend

It's very nice...

I saw that you ripp Aerosmith Rocks SACD

Have you upload this title on some page or blog?

Can you share this? or exists anyway for have the iso?

Let me know please

Thank you very much

Hi, by any chance are you aware of someone that could install the 3.55 firmware in my PS3. I live in NY. Tks.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17610[/ATTACH]

Hi friend

It's very nice...

I saw that you ripp Aerosmith Rocks SACD

Have you upload this title on some page or blog?

Can you share this? or exists anyway for have the iso?

Let me know please

Thank you very much

This album has been released in digital hi-rez at HDtracks. I don't think the SACD version would sound significantly better than that one.

• 2 months later...

sacd_ripper has now been updated by developers Deank & joonie for 3.55 to 4.** custom firmware (not official firmware) is to be installed

now you can play the latest bluray films and even latest ps3 games on your console and not loose sacd ripping function

also install rebug rex from rebug.me to have fan controller to keep the system cooler to protect your console from ylod (over heat)

link

multiMAN v04.81.xx & SACD Ripper | PSX-Place

• 2 weeks later...
sacd_ripper has now been updated by developers Deank & joonie for 3.55 to 4.** custom firmware (not official firmware) is to be installed

now you can play the latest bluray films and even latest ps3 games on your console and not loose sacd ripping function

also install rebug rex from rebug.me to have fan controller to keep the system cooler to protect your console from ylod (over heat)

link

this is amazing development! Thanks for sharing!

link

Someone with a n eligible PS3 that is unfortunately greater-than-3.55 please test this and get back to us. This could be huge!

As I said before

It's for custom firmware 3.55 - 4.81

Not official firmware

This version is stand alone. No keys needed for initial install.

So this means you can get the latest rebug firmware from rebug.me

Not latest firmware from sony

Btw

I did message you about this.

I tried Joonie's ripper (0.38), and it did not work on my cfw rebug 4.81.2. It might be user error, but the thread you reference with instructions are a bit confusing. I have sacd ripper on another PS3 with rebug 3.55 and it works flawlessly.

I will report back after trying to get this to work on the rebug 4.81.2.

As I said before

It's for custom firmware 3.55 - 4.81

Not official firmware

This version is stand alone. No keys needed for initial install.

So this means you can get the latest rebug firmware from rebug.me

Not latest firmware from sony

Btw

I did message you about this.

Yes, I know you did. Thanks. I am simply asking for real world feedback here.

I tried Joonie's ripper (0.38), and it did not work on my cfw rebug 4.81.2. It might be user error, but the thread you reference with instructions are a bit confusing. I have sacd ripper on another PS3 with rebug 3.55 and it works flawlessly.

I will report back after trying to get this to work on the rebug 4.81.2.

created a guide in the first post

see if that helps you set it up

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using a PS3 to rip SACDs for quite a while with success. I recently picked up a few more and four of them would not rip. I updated to the latest sacd_extract and that fixed all but one, which happens to be a two disc set - Janos Starker playing Bach Cello Suites. The package on the PS3 is version 3.6, I thought updating that to 3.7 might help. I put the package file, md5 file and the keys directory onto a blank USB drive and plugged it into the PS3. The PS3 says there are no packages to install. I tried several time, no change. So I tried the first disc of the set again and it ripped. The second disc still will not rip. When I run sacd_extract with -P it reports Response result non-zero or disc opened, libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.71:2002 for reading. Any thoughts?

Please I am new on this first think I would like anybody able to do is: Which model of PS3 I shall buy for playing and riping SACD?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Read my guide (below) They are all out of production (CECHA, CECHB, CECHC, and CECHE).